aberdeen-music

Hogs wine and band choice (Week 1)

Hog

Just like Planet Boo, Im gonna have a weekly recommendation but of a band and a Wine!!!

So!!, Wine.

Bin 555 Shiraz. Available from Tescos. Its an Australian beauty and its currently 20% off because there is a deal on Oz wines at the moment. Its a fruity wine with hints of pepper and it compliments red meats, game and cheeses (as the label states). For Jake Spike- its 14.5% Vol.

Band- Well, this week Im gonna go for a band called Menemic. The song is called Dream State Emergency. I suppose its like a more complicated Fear Factory with a little pinch of Soilwork. The clean singing and harmonies are beautiful! The new Mnemic album is the first ever to be recorded in a new 3d sound thingy apparently.

Over and out

Hog :up::up::up::up:

So!!' date=' [u']Wine.

Bin 555 Shiraz. Available from Tescos. Its an Australian beauty and its currently 20% off because there is a deal on Oz wines at the moment. Its a fruity wine with hints of pepper and it compliments red meats, game and cheeses (as the label states). For Jake Spike- its 14.5% Vol.

Best segment ever.

Guest Laura@TMB

I am too a fan of the red wine, and will check out your recommendation asap :up: Tonight I have mostly been drinking a Milton Grove 2003 Shiraz from South Africa (via Sainsburys) at a measly 13.5%. "Good mouth feel with firm but ripe tannins and a lingering aftertaste".

Would love to recommend a band too, but have polished off entire bottle and going to bed. Nighty night. (Good to see you guys with your own forum btw).

I am too a fan of the red wine' date=' and will check out your recommendation asap :up: Tonight I have mostly been drinking a Milton Grove 2003 Shiraz from South Africa (via Sainsburys) at a measly 13.5%. "Good mouth feel with firm but ripe tannins and a lingering aftertaste".

Would love to recommend a band too, but have polished off entire bottle and going to bed. Nighty night. (Good to see you guys with your own forum btw).[/quote']

Thanks Laura, without trying to sound like a complete suck up (and Im sure I speak for the band) The moorings is my fave venue to play live. (shite that sounded cheesy but its true!)

Guest Laura@TMB
Thanks Laura' date=' without trying to sound like a complete suck up (and Im sure I speak for the band) The moorings is my fave venue to play live. (shite that sounded cheesy but its true!)[/quote']

Hey Hog, sucking up is ok by me. As for being cheesey..... Cheesey and wine-ey, a classic combination?

Anyway, how can a guy with a luminous, translucent guitar possibly say anything remotely cheesey...

:laughing:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Just like Planet Boo' date=' Im gonna have a weekly recommendation but of a band and a Wine!!!

So!!, [u']Wine.

As usual, taking forever to get to the fucking point. What the hell is all this complimenting different food shite all about? Whenever we get pissed you just slug the stuff straight down, belch revoltingly and then start talking bollocks! I don't remember you telling me how the wine's flavour was evocative of a summery stroll in the fucking Parisienne vineyards while we were burning Spike CD's.

Band- Well' date=' this week Im gonna go for a band called Menemic. The song is called Dream State Emergency. I suppose its like a more complicated Fear Factory with a little pinch of Soilwork. The clean singing and harmonies are beautiful! The new Mnemic album is the first ever to be recorded in a new 3d sound thingy apparently.[/quote']

It's Mnemic you mean weeth a leetle beet of typo Adman presumes? :)

http://www.mnemic.com

Most pleasing band indeed. First heard of them on a Terrorizer CD and I'd add Rob/White Zombie into the mix of influences there as they've quite strongly got that crunchy distorted Zombie vibe but like Hog says they're more complex than both of those bands :up:

Good taste sir!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Week 2 is almost completed. Unfortunatly I tried a bottle of French wine but it didnt reach the quality requirements for a thread :up:

Oh, not good enough, eh? Did it not serve as reminiscent and evocative of a stroll through the Black Forest whilst leisurely picking varieties of soft berry fruits in a brisk autumnal breeze?