aberdeen-music

thanks to all

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

just a wee note to say thanks to everyone involved with fridays show at drakes

i thought all bands played marvellous sets and dealt very well with some average heckling :dunce:

anyone have any thoughts on the show?

i bumped into a fresher last night who went to the gig because of a sampler cd he got from me at one up that day!lovely chap

i think that was probably the best i've seen 'deadloss mother fucking superstar', they were surprisingly good. it was a pretty noisey set and they seemed very loud. they seemed really driving the minute they kicked into their first song. everytime i've seen them the song that goes 'and i get high...' has been the stand out track of their set and friday was no different.

i thought senator were good, very stripped down and very tight. they sounded great in parts but seemed to lack a memorable song apart from the first one which i suspect was maybe just because it was the first song they played. senator are certainly worth checking out and seem a pretty appropriate support act for oxes when they play edinburgh.

i wasn't too keen on alamos, i thought they were alright. i was quite disappointed having heard good things about them. the vocals just seemed to be pretty samey throughout their set and they just didn't seem to have a good song. they just seemed distinctly average.

i thought masamune were much better than the last time i saw them. i've seen them 3 times in total now and although they're noisey, dischordant, and can be quite unconventional at times, they do write some catchy songs. a very trail of dead influenced sound to me, but masamune do have a sound of their own. probably my favourite band of the night.

yeah, deadloss rock :) ropey last night. lead guitarist thought it was a shite good, everyone else thought it was 'ok'.

senator were awsome in places. some great riffs. and oscilliscopes! alamos were also very good, though not as excitingly heavy. masamune ripped my chest open.

could someone review this gig for fudge? or i'll just nick the thing above :)

yeah but he didnt say nice things bout Alamos - which sucks!!

aye' date=' hopefully the bass player from alamos will never read this thread!

and it was only stuart that was heckling the bands, he [i']tried to give DMFS a particularly hard time. :D