aberdeen-music

Banning The NF March: A Bit Hypocritical?

Mr. Tristen

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
And (b) because I'm the God Munch talks about

Michael MacLennan is not a godly enough name and thus i'd never involve myself or any of my brethren in such pernicious forms of idolatry by uttering such a name that conveys no sense of deification about it.

And I really am cleverererer than anyone here. By gallons.

Thats hardly a proud boast or a glittering achievement though.

I reckon if most messageboard users on here got Alzheimer's, their I.Qs would double.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael MacLennan is not a godly enough name and thus i'd never involve myself or any of my brethren in such pernicious forms of idolatry by uttering such a name that conveys no sense of deification about it.

That's why my new name is simply 'The Master'' date=' and usually has to be written in gold ink, and if not then the author has to eat two of their own toe-nails.

Thats hardly a proud boast or a glittering achievement though.

I reckon if most messageboard users on here got Alzheimer's, their I.Qs would double.

That's hardly fair, even those afflicted with Alzheimer's can have moments of lucidity in their early stages that are almost mathematically incomparable with the drivel that pisses onto the computer screen when I visit this messageboard.

PS On a serious note regarding the 3 month thing, I recently completed a post-graduate degree in a specific subject, and moved to where I could get a job, much as I wouldn't like to be in the place for too long. I think some people have genuine reasons for not wanting to work until they get a position suited to their ambitions, but I know a lot of people who just got despondent after their first 10 job applications were turned down, and then didn't follow more appropriate routes of getting experience, such as joining a recruitment agency, etc...

That's why my new name is simply 'The Master'' date=' and usually has to be written in gold ink, and if not then the author has to eat two of their own toe-nails.[/quote']

The_Master_2_c.jpg

So are you going to force your nemesis and fellow time lord Doctor Who to eat two of his own Gallifreyian toe nails?

That's hardly fair, even those afflicted with Alzheimer's can have moments of lucidity in their early stages that are almost mathematically incomparable with the drivel that pisses onto the computer screen when I visit this messageboard.

Come on, i think JFK probably had more brains after he was assassinated than some of the people who frequent these boards do.

I personally would be willing to shoot them in the head to test that theory of course...after i shoot them in the head with a nailgun first, just so their faces are nailed tight against the wall so they can't wriggle free while i line up my crosshairs to test my "magic bullet in the brains" theory.

I shall be naming the test subjects shortly...

I personally would be willing to shoot them in the head to test that theory of course...after i shoot them in the head with a nailgun first' date=' just so their faces are nailed tight against the wall so they can't wriggle free while i line up my crosshairs to test my "magic bullet in the brains" theory.

I shall be naming the test subjects shortly...[/quote']

Ooh, I have some suggestions too. :bat:

_36689245_tookadd_150.jpg

Just been reading through some of these posts and i must say that Hobbes gives off the impression that he is the kind of person who probably scribbles off endless amounts of letters expressing moral repugnance and Orwellian paranoia and sends them into an ultra-Conservative tv show like Points of View so they can read by some po-faced cunt with a monochrome suit and a monochrome personality who links each apoplexy-laden missive together with some perfunctory cynical quip.

When any serious topic gets discussed on the wasteland the same assholes come up time and time again, posting the same bullshit, always thinking they are right no matter what anyone else thinks. How the fuck do you people get off on such ego's?

This is also my last post on the wasteland as arguing with you assholes is pointless as it only makes the circus act go further. Anyone with real intellect will do the same.

Belittling people with different views or aspects with idiotic responses only goes to show how ignorant you people are.

If anyone replies to this by attacking me, well your waisting your time as i won't ever bother reading your idiotic insults.

Strange coming from the guys who was throwing insults around on the Rangers/Aberdeen thread no?

Its Rangers and Aberdeen though, they deserve nothing but opprobrium, dogshit and acid thrown their way.

The_Master_2_c.jpg

Come on' date=' i think JFK probably had more brains after he was assassinated than some of the people who frequent these boards do.

[/quote']

I think it's fairer to say that the accumulative amount of brain Jackie Onassis was holding in her hands after JFK was shot would in itself be greater. And would have had better things to do than formulate one of several cliched and ill-advised 'opinions' on the issue of asylum...

I can see how you'd be annoyed by people coming into the country and living off benefits but that's what the government make them do while processing applications' date=' something which can take up to a year. I say we let in the people who want to work. I'm sure that's what most of them want anyway. Britain has such an aging population, with fewer people having children and more people leaving the country after university to work abroad where there are more economic benefits and better climates. There are countless numbers of qualified and experienced workers wishing to come into the country and we could use their skills, particularly in vocations where we're losing new recruits, such as electricians and plumbers. But we shouldn't restrict it to those with skills, because we also need manual labourers. Because more of Britain's population are choosing to go to university or college, these vocations need filled and there are plenty of people who would jump at the chance for any form of work, in exchange for political asylum. This is not to say that I'm suggesting that people seeking assylum should be automatically thrown into the shitty jobs that we don't want, regardless of their skills. I think we should allow anyone to take up any job they are able to do, instead of spending money on putting them up in shitty accomodation with a pathetically low sum of money to buy food while we process applications, money which could be better spent in other areas that need it. [/quote']

You make some good points, and without going into great detail I'd be more than happy to grant people a place in this country to fufill and much needed jobs. My views are based soely on a logical running of the country basis, not about people. One question though? Should we really be allowing other people in to take work when our own unemployment %age is so high? Singapore is a great example of this, its near impossible to get a permenant emigration over there and if you ever do they make damm sure you can play an active role in society not to mention they give jobs to their own people first before allowing others in.

Yeah but how many British people do you get emmigrating to the south of France or Spain and living in little ex-pat colonies with other Brits, doing British things and speaking loudly in broken English whenever they want to buy something or get something done. I don't think you should force people to push away their own culture in order to adapt to a different way of life.

And they are just as bad. I grew up in a lot of different places and my emphasis has always been on respecting local customs and adapting to fit in, not stubornly sticking to what I know. I think you should force people to respect and adapt to the environment they are living in. For ex-pats is France that means doing things the french way, for imigrants in Britain that means doing things the British way.

• 3 months later...