aberdeen-music

Spike Pile Driver update!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Hog is in both bands, so I reckon I can post this here. We're trying out Scorge McBrain on drums on Sunday. Spike have been away too long. We'll let you know how it goes, he could well be officially unveiled soon. Oh yeah, we're also on a comp tape which has been released by a guy in Belarus. It has punk/grind/noise bands from all over the world, including Ukraine, Sweden, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and, of course, Scotland! I'll soon get round to making up the tapes to flog for a paltry 1.50. You want one.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i've still to see SPD' date=' its usually monetary problems that stop me. whens your next gig? that tape sounds good, can't go wrong for 1.50.[/quote']

Well, we're booked for Drake's, supporting Magrudergrind on the 13th of November, but that was booked when Chris Element was pounding the skins for us. We're still hoping we can do that one, but with our new drummer, probably Scorge if he can play fast enough! If we play that gig, I'll be punting the tape then, along with our 40-song CD, which is a measly 3. Shameless self-promotion and whoring etc.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
jakey...what ever happened to that new cd you were talking to me about (quite a while ago) in the moorings? is it still in production...or are SPD just lazy bastards? :p

Shaun my friend, The Spike Boys are not lazy bastards and people who think we are end up dead. At the time, the plan was to release a 20-song CD. A few other things have come up such as the Belarus comp.tape. I sent our trax to Alexander in January and it was only in July he sent me the master, but comps can take a dog's age anyway. So, the comp tape will be next. Also, we have been offered the chance to do a Filthpact/Spike Pile Driver split 10 minute cassette, which will hopefully see the light of day in about January. So, we still plan to do another CD, but other things have cropped up. Also, at some time in the future, we may be doing an Agathocles/Spike Pile Driver split 7" e.p. Nothing definite on that one yet, though. We've still to put Scorge to the drumming test, too. So, we had a wee break but we're back with a fucking vengeance. Phew, hope that's all!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Agathocles ....... wtf

nice one definatly get on with that !!!

They must be the world's most prolific band. I regularly write to Jan, and just plain asked if he was up for it as he's distroing our CD. His exact words were "Yes, why not some split release in the future? Let's keep that in mind." Christ knows when, they release new vinyl on a monthly basis.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Hey man that sounds fucknig awesome

just like book a cheap studio session in toms and get a few bevvies down and go for it !

Maybe swap members for a few tunes

No and no. You forget, we record with a drum machine. All Spike studio stuff gets recorded either at my flat or Hog's house, we have no need for a studio! We can easily record some stuff and put it aside for when you're ready to do the Evac stuff, if that's easier.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
oohh aye sorry man forgot ... thought you guys were taking on scorgie for recordings aswell.

well i will get together with the lads and see what they are up for doing.

We only need the Scorgeous one for gigging, but we may try some studio stuff, who knows? Never say never. We're ready when you guys are!