aberdeen-music

Albums 2014

Paranoid Android

Hey the 2013 thread was started exactly a year ago today so while we're thinking about out favourite albums of this year lets also look forward to what's coming out in the next.

I've basically been looking forward to 2014 for quite a while already as there will be a new Actress album (maybe the last) released in January and the new CharliXCX in March.

In terms of artists who potentially may release something new in the next twelve months I'd say Kendrick Lamar is top of my wishlist. Can't wait to see how he follows up Good Kid.....

• 3 weeks later...

The new Actress album is probably even better than I'd hoped it would be. I don't think it will quite become my favourite of his but it's made a better initial impression than R.I.P did.

Short but rather cool interview with him here http://www.thebeatjuice.com/read/2014/01/07/4174/actress-q-and-a/

Can't afford to go see Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks tonight because of stupid fucking six-week January so am torturing myself by listening to the new album. It's really good ;(

Good news about Liars. Was kind of hoping they'd go back to the more punkz sound of their early albums, but based on that track, it doesn't sound like it. I still enjoyed WIXIW, though, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Edited by kirsten

I saw Liars live last year and it was mostly the electro sound shown in that new song. Even some older songs they played were updated to fit with the new stuff. Tbh I don't think Liars are a band you'll ever see "go back" to an old sound. I do love their debut though, an album which seems to be very lowly rated by their fans online.

Todd Terje is releasing his debut album http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=22341

He's including a few of his already released tracks on it, which I'm not usually a fan of but it will be nice to have Inspector Norse on an album as it's one of my favourite tracks of the last few years.