aberdeen-music

Promoter Forums

Flash@TMB

I've noticed that there are now less promoter forums which is a shame as it indicates less promoters, and we NEED promoters.

One promoter that has been doing a good job of late is kirkt of Good For Nothing Promotions. How about giving him a forum? He's been bringing a lot of great up & coming touring bands to Aberdeen, and the Good For Nothing Promotions Nights are always busy. He puts a lot of effort into it, with posters, flyers, and now a fanzine too.

I've noticed that there are now less promoter forums which is a shame as it indicates less promoters' date=' and we NEED promoters.

One promoter that has been doing a good job of late is kirkt of Good For Nothing Promotions. How about giving him a forum? He's been bringing a lot of great up & coming touring bands to Aberdeen, and the Good For Nothing Promotions Nights are always busy. He puts a lot of effort into it, with posters, flyers, and now a fanzine too.[/quote']

A valid point but I can't make the promoters ask for their own forums. One possible deterrent is that unlike local bands, a promoter would first have to become an aberdeen-music.com sponsor before I would consider giving them their own forum.

I can't make the promoters ask for their own forums.

Exactly. Why isn't there this? Why isn't there that? Why don't people discuss such and such on ab-music.com?

It's up to the people involved' date=' it's not up to Neil.

unlike local bands, a promoter would first have to become an aberdeen-music.com sponsor before I would consider giving them their own forum.

Why the difference of approach Neil?

Promoter Forum = advertising? Only fair they give something back' date=' surely.[/quote']

Exactly. Although local promoters probably don't make much profit - I'm sure some of them do. And I don't think it is fair for me to spend my own money on this web site to help them make more money of their own. All I'm asking is that if they want a forum then they give a little something back to aberdeen-music.com just like the rest of the sponsors and supporting members.

Exactly. Although local promoters probably don't make much profit - I'm sure some of them do. And I don't think it is fair for me to spend my own money on this web site to help them make more money of their own. All I'm asking is that if they want a forum then they give a little something back to aberdeen-music.com just like the rest of the sponsors and supporting members.

Yeah this sounds more than fair to me, it only costs between 50p and 1 per day to become a sponser. The benefits far outweigh the costs.

Kirk - if I were you then I'd definately go for this, it'll be well worth it. It's the most cost effective form of advertising I know of, and it enables you to directly interact with your target market. You only have to sell 1 ticket a week to pay for it LOL! It will also increase your credibility with bigger bands once you can point them at a forum with 3000 odd posts from an eager audience.

Bob - Agreed, but this is an instance of what's termed 'facillitation'. It's a benign form of prodding. I saw an opportunity that I felt all parties would benefit from and err... interfered LOL.

I'm actually going to be re-working the sponsorship rates again quite soon and will be offering more 'deals' as well. As I think I mention on the sponsorship thread, I'm perfectly open to negotiate on sponsorship rates. They are really only there for a guide more than anything else.