aberdeen-music

Pretty Girls Make Graves

Larsen B

Guest Nikola Tesla

Great band. The new romance is a class album...

I don't understand why you think they're over rated Psydoll, i havent heard too many people go on about them, but everyone to their own i suppose.

I don't understand why you think they're over rated Psydoll' date=' i havent heard too many people go on about them, but everyone to their own i suppose.[/quote']

I hear them mentioned a lot see and NME and the like have raved about them quite a lot. I guess it depends who you know or what you read or see but I just don't see them as being as great as I keep hearing they are :)

Guest scott cs.

i got a lend of The New Romace from a friend and its bloody good. never realised their first couple of releases were on Lookout! Records till yesterday. missed them at Leeds which was disappointing. the vocalist is also rather easy on the eye.

Yes they are the lead singer said so in an interview but also said that she is the only Smiths fan in the band.

PM: One thing I'm curious about is the name Pretty Girls Make Graves. Are you guys big Smiths fans?

P: DF: It's not really ... one day try and name a band ... it's a very difficult thing ...

It's just as likely to be named after Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums, the name sounded good.

PM: One thing I'm curious about is the name Pretty Girls Make Graves. Are you guys big Smiths fans?

P: DF: It's not really ... one day try and name a band ... it's a very difficult thing ...

It's just as likely to be named after Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums' date=' the name sounded good.[/quote']

Well, conflicting sources. Dharma Bums? Has that actually got anything to do with them or are you just saying the could easily have named themselves after something else. Coincidentally I'm reading Visions of Cody at the moment.