aberdeen-music

Laika Come Home 004: The Cosmic Dead | His Name Is Codeine | Seas, Starry | Strawberry Wine Djs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is getting really close now, very excited about this!

First time in Aberdeen for the Cosmic Dead, you'll be able to pick up His Name is Codeine's new album and Seas, Starry might be firing in a very special cover.

Mike Blair of Mike Blair and Seas, Starry fame will also be available for meet and greets throughout the evening. Photos and autographs are at the discretion of one M. Blair.

• Upvote 1

Really good night. I missed most of Seas, Starry unfortunately, but what I heard sounded very tight. I caught one and a half songs, maybe, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other opportunities.

His Name is Codeine are such a good band. Aside from having excellent songs, they sound great live, are incredibly cohesive and deserve to be absolutely massive. Hugely impressive. I'd have nabbed a CD if I'd had enough money on me, but I'll be getting one ordered as soon as I can. They're so proficient, they sound like they've been playing together for decades and those big, sweeping walls of sound could level buildings.

You guys deserve mega-points for getting The Cosmic Dead up here and all. They were pretty much everything I hope they'd be. Such a good job of whipping the whole room into a swaying, psyched-out trance. Top stuff.

Probably the best gig I've been to in Aberdeen since Taint/Manatees. Great job. 

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the sets. Shame about Cosmic Dead starting so late 'cause I've heard some crazy stories. But they were great, and their bassist is amazing.

Really enjoyed HNIC too, although, I don't think the synth was turned up enough, I couldn't see what she added.

Yeah, they were great, really thoroughly lovely folks too.  They got horribly lost in Aberdeen, had dead phones and their synth player had fallen out a window (or something) the previous night, so was touch and go for a bit.  Still played for an hour though, finished just in the nick of time (the manager just came through the door and shot us a "sort it out, guys!" look at 20 past 1).   Couldn't have been happier with their set, they played amazingly and the crowd was great too. 

Edit:  I enjoyed the synth, I was right at the front though.

Edited by girl anachronism