aberdeen-music

[Feb 2, 2012] [GIG] PAWS, DOLFINZ + MIN DIESEL, Thursday 2nd Feb, Drummonds (Cafe Drummonds)

qzdiablo

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'll be there manning a stand full of TUFF WAX goodies for all.

We have Tshirts in sizes S-XL and 4 of our vinyl releases to purchase including Dolfinz' Teenage Doom/Nosebleed 7"

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Does that include the Be Like Pablo single too? Rockin' band.

yup, Be Like Pablo 7" will be on sale for a meagre £3

we also have Aberdeen Truth Vols 1 & 2 (featuring Lockah on clear wax & Yoin on orange) for £5 and the dolfinz 7" for £5 as well

tshirts are 10 quid each. see you there!

twas a good night. possibly the best min diesel gig i've seen yet, they were loose but brilliant and full of charm (though zippy's chat is still shite, but that's part of the charm). dolfinz were fun but i don't think they're playing music for me. they're urgent and full of lots of energy, exactly what guitar music needs just now and I don't think there's anyone that sounds like them in Scotland. Paws were great. Wore their influences on their drummers t-shirt (it's good to see drummers wearing shorts, you know they mean business). raw and full of sub pop-esque energy. a fine end to the bill.

good night all round!

• Upvote 1

Min Diesel were ace. Best band in town, for me.

I like the Dolfinz recordings, but I didn't really take to them live. Standing on amps and falling into the drum kit was a bit much.

Paws were great. The guy is a great vocalist, but the distortion he used on the vocals on a few songs didn't sound so good, since it was practically inaudible. Still great though.

Min Diesel were brilliant. They were easily the best band out of the three. Their new material is even stronger than their older stuff in my opinion. Plus, Zippy whipped out a dirty little guitar solo in their last song: hero. GUSH GUSH GUSH.

Dolfinz seem like a great couple of lads. While I can see why people would like them, they just aint for me I’m afraid. Very energetic and enthusiastic which is bloody brilliant to see. Jumping onto a drumkit was pretty whack. I’d break my hip doing that.

Paws were cool. I preferred them a lot more when they played at Snafu a few months back, but I think that was to do with the sound. I find you get a much crisper sound at Snafu. Drummonds is very cymbally, but that’s because it’s a much bigger room.

Overall a very enjoyable night. More gigs like this please. thnx

Paws were band of the night for me, but that's also the best I've ever seen Min Diesel. New stuff is slick.

Dolfinz was kinda ruined for me by a poor mix - could barely hear guitar, just thundering drums and those reverbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy vocals.

This was a nice gig.

Min Diesel were ace as always and the new songs sounded great. I didn't enjoy Dolfinz. I thought it might have been because I don't approve of hats indoors but it just wasn't for me. The drummer was good but the vocals were not and I couldn't really make out the guitar but that might have been my stupid ears. Paws were a delight too. Agree with Moose that the sound wasn't as good as at Snafu last year but still, a good fun-time band.

Also I really really like gigs where you can look around and recognise and have a chat with the majority of people there despite the scene being dead.

• Upvote 1