aberdeen-music

Corvid

Guest Stripey

Guest Stripey
ah once again stripey loves to be hated. i can kind of agree with him though. this whole repetitive thing is a bit silly. after all some of the greatest songs that ive ever heard are damn repetitive.

"it's repetative" "doing this kind of stuff is piss easy" "it doesn't go anywhere" etc, this is the kind of shit people who have stunted taste in music and no understanding of the production techniques come out with all the time.

"OMG IT DOESN'T HAVE A CHORUS OR LYRICS, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"it's repetative" "doing this kind of stuff is piss easy" "it doesn't go anywhere" etc' date=' this is the kind of shit people who have stunted taste in music and no understanding of the production techniques come out with all the time.

"OMG IT DOESN'T HAVE A CHORUS OR LYRICS, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT"[/quote']

Maybe one day you'll realise that nobody is in agreement with you for a reason, that reason being that you speak some of the most improsperous high and mightly bullshit anyone is likely to come across.

Guest Stripey
Maybe one day you'll realise that nobody is in agreement with you for a reason' date=' that reason being that you speak some of the most improsperous high and mightly bullshit anyone is likely to come across.[/quote']

Improsperous? You shouldn't use big words if you don't know how to handle them, it's amusingly transparent.

Well I liked it. It reminded me in mood of the Twa Corbies poem, and I suppose ' Corvids' has the same derivation. Some of the echoey bits sounded like wings, and the beats like beaks pecking. Much though I often disagree with Stripey I like the lack of verse/chorus structure (although I'm a slave to that myself).....it flows nicely, with an air of menace.

I like 'Corvid' too, it is quite evocative, and actually bears up well to repeated listens. I'm not sure about the organ hits though, the one that starts at 0.51ish. It doesn't fit somehow. I know it's meant to jar a bit, but it just sounds out of place for me. Maybe lower in the mix and more echoey and ethereal? That's all though.

And I do like improsperous, I'm gonna start using that.

Guest Sundaram

I like this track a lot, It's rhythmically clever, the way the various sounds/hits appear to be disjointed and unrelated but all come together as the track builds up.

I think the track would benefit from being longer so that the repetition could build for longer and sound more powerful!

Great work Stripey! :)

Dead Fashion - just listened to 'Reverse 1'' date=' and liked the backwards beats...makes them sound "bubbly". It would make a good animation soundtrack (something evil like Jan Svankmajer).[/quote']

thanks i wish i got round to writing more electronica cause i really enjoy it.

kitchen cynics were good on friday, on the whole it was a good night for music

well played.

Guest Stripey
He means that you're shooting yourself in the foot with your bullshit' date=' moron. A child of four could tell you that.[/quote']

Nah, it means he doesn't understand the language. Improsperous means "not prosperous" and is an entirely inappropriate choice of word, in the context he used it in.

But then again, maybe it is too much to expect a kid with the name "foreskin ninja" and "my anus is bleeding" on his avatar, to have any sort of intelligence.

Run along now, kiddywink, and listen to some metal, theres a good chap now.,

Nah' date=' it means he doesn't understand the language. Improsperous means "not prosperous" and is an entirely inappropriate choice of word, in the context he used it in.

But then again, maybe it is too much to expect a kid with the name "foreskin ninja" and "my anus is bleeding" on his avatar, to have any sort of intelligence.

Run along now, kiddywink, and listen to some metal, theres a good chap now.,[/quote']

If something is prosperous, it is successful. Improsperous is the opposite of that. I find that many of your posts are unsuccessful in proving any kind of valid point. You produce more and more shite as time goes by, and with your skewed view on reality, I really couldn't care about whatever you vomit on about.

I gave you an honest opinion on the music that you asked for opinions about, and you come back with some shit about choruses. I hope I enjoy your next song to a higher degree.

Guest Stripey
Well I liked it. It reminded me in mood of the Twa Corbies poem' date=' and I suppose ' Corvids' has the same derivation. Some of the echoey bits sounded like wings, and the beats like beaks pecking. Much though I often disagree with Stripey I like the lack of verse/chorus structure (although I'm a slave to that myself).....it flows nicely, with an air of menace.[/quote']

Yeah, it was actually sitting watching a big flock of crows and seagulls mopping up after a tractor which was cutting silage, which inspired me. They are like our very own vultures. I like the sentiment behind the twa corbies poem, it's like the ruthlessness of nature and the fact that we, as humans, can't escape that final reality. Ashes to ashes, and all that.

Guest Stripey
If something is prosperous' date=' it is successful. Improsperous is the opposite of that. I find that many of your posts are unsuccessful in proving any kind of valid point. You produce more and more shite as time goes by, and with your skewed view on reality, I really couldn't care about whatever you vomit on about.

I gave you an honest opinion on the music that you asked for opinions about, and you come back with some shit about choruses. I hope I enjoy your next song to a higher degree.[/quote']

I do not have a "skewed view on reality". infact it is you and other braindead peons on this site which suffer from a disease ridden state of mind and a stunted, crippled appreciation of art.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of my music or what I post on here, because none of it is aimed at simpletons like you - frankly, it gives me pleasure to know that people such as yourself dont "get it". :music:

If something is prosperous' date=' it is successful. Improsperous is the opposite of that.[/quote']

So you actually intended this to be taken as

"Maybe one day you'll realise that nobody is in agreement with you for a reason, that reason being that you speak some of the most unsuccessful high and mightly bullshit anyone is likely to come across."

Really truly?

Anyway, it's beside the point. If you don't like his music or what he posts, by all means tell him, but don't worry about it. He doesn't. It doesn't have to be a big deal.

I do not have a "skewed view on reality". infact it is you and other braindead peons on this site which suffer from a disease ridden state of mind and a stunted' date=' crippled appreciation of art.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of my music or what I post on here, because none of it is aimed at simpletons like you - frankly, it gives me pleasure to know that people such as yourself dont "get it". :music:[/quote']

That doesn't mean shit though, it's as easy for me to say the exact same thing about the music that you find unappealing.

And knowing that I find that track of yours boring hardly gives you the knowledge of exactly what art I appreciate. I love alot of metal, just like I love alot of classical music, and alot of many things, it's called variety.

Does that make either of us superior? No. It just makes you an idiot for thinking so. You and your skewed view on reality.

Guest Stripey
That doesn't mean shit though' date=' it's as easy for me to say the exact same thing about the music that you find unappealing.

[/quote']

No really, I know better than you.

And knowing that I find that track of yours boring hardly gives you the knowledge of exactly what art I appreciate. I love alot of metal' date=' just like I love alot of classical music, and alot of many things, it's called variety.

[/quote']

That's a bit like saying "I'm not a racist, I have black friends!"

So you actually intended this to be taken as

"Maybe one day you'll realise that nobody is in agreement with you for a reason' date=' that reason being that you speak some of the most [i']unsuccessful high and mightly bullshit anyone is likely to come across."

Really truly?

Anyway, it's beside the point. If you don't like his music or what he posts, by all means tell him, but don't worry about it. He doesn't. It doesn't have to be a big deal.

Really truly. Like you said, I told him my opinion, and his response was that I had a "stunted taste in music". That's fucking stupid.

Guest Stripey
Really truly. Like you said' date=' I told him my opinion, and his response was that I had a "stunted taste in music". That's fucking stupid.[/quote']

No, really, you do have stunted taste in music. But to be honest, I almost find find hicks like you endearing, with your silly naivity. You cheeky little chappy!