aberdeen-music

Evac seeks bassist

Guest Nikola Tesla

Guest Nikola Tesla
I wasn't being at all antagonistic. Just putting over my point of view' date=' which in my view was meant to be helpful. I couldn't care less what your issue with the boy Camie is/was.

If my comments "don't mean shit" then why do you get bothered by them?

And personal insults are not appreciated, thank you.[/quote']

We are bothered by the fact you are either taking the piss out of our form of music. This is our band, we put a lot of time and effort into it, and we simply do not want nor need people like you offering so called advice. If you think your knowledge of being in a band is far superior to ours I suggest you go form your own one and show us how to do it.

Now do us all a favour stop wasting our and your time by replying on this thread again...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Spike have a gig on Thursday and we dont have a bass player' date=' doesnt stop us![/quote']

Oi!!! Sneaky bastard!!!

Still, ten points for making that plugs relivence! :up:

I shall be in attendence to see this, as I've yet to hear you guys.

We are bothered by the fact you are either taking the piss out of our form of music. This is our band' date=' we put a lot of time and effort into it, and we simply do not want nor need people like you offering so called advice. If you think your knowledge of being in a band is far superior to ours I suggest you go form your own one and show us how to do it.

Now do us all a favour stop wasting our and your time by replying on this thread again...[/quote']

I'm not taking the piss out of your music. Music is music. Some I like, some I don't. Just because I don't like the kind of music you listen to doesn't mean I am taking the piss.

I have been playing in bands for about 17 years, so yeah I do have a bit of experience and it seems that well meaning help results in personal insults these days.

i'm sure you said earlier in this thread that you felt your music was missing something and that's why you wanted to get a bass player.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to point that one out. Although we are looking for a bassist, our songs so far seem to sound alright as a three piece, so if we had to, we could still play our songs without a bassist.

Guest scott cs.
.Theres plenty of three peice bands that have went well without a bassist' date=' so to practically claim that bands need a bassist is a bit fucking dumb, is it not?

[/quote']

could you provide some examples? i'd be interested in checking them oot like.

Stand Up Guy for one non?

Yip, also Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Anal Cunt, Pig Destroyer...

Four so far. There's alot of two/three peice grind bands, but I just remembered that they normally over dub bass.

Theres a few that have slipped my mind, but I'll be sure to post them up later.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
could you provide some examples? i'd be interested in checking them oot like.

Some more bass-less bands: Assuck, Tumor(now Yacopsae and with bass), Active Minds (a two piece) and, well, Spike Pile Driver!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

You certainly would be correct in saying Godstomper, you should hear their cover of "Scum" by N.D. Also, check out Germany's Bizarre X for some more 2-man bass/drums mayhem, I have a split LP by the above two bands.

You certainly would be correct in saying Godstomper' date=' you should hear their cover of "Scum" by N.D. Also, check out Germany's Bizarre X for some more 2-man bass/drums mayhem, I have a split LP by the above two bands.[/quote']

* makes mental note to seek out these two * :up:

Oi!!! Sneaky bastard!!!

Still' date=' ten points for making that plugs relivence! :up:

I shall be in attendence to see this, as I've yet to hear you guys.[/quote']

Ah cool! Well say "hi" man! get a few beers down! :up:

Actually the last band I was in "Ruptured Spleen" didnt have a bassist either!

Secondly' date=' it's not lame as you put it. Whats lame is that fact that you seem to believe that you are everyones friend. My reasons have got nothing to do with your appearence, but the way you act. In my eyes you're a slimy little bastard who tries to get into social groups he doesn't belong. I personally don't want to have anything to do with you, and I couldn't stand being in a band with you. That of course is my opinion, and not the opinion of the full band, but I think that it would be better for everyone to be happy.

N.M[/quote']

Ok I appreciate that its your opinion and at least you are being honest unlike other people I know but you started slating me for no reason at all and I found it offensive especially since you dont even know me at all. All I did to you was offer to play bass for you. Good luck anyway.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Last ditch attempt here...... Theres got to be some people interested in this kind of music in here.

If noone else is up for it and you don't mind someone who will be starting from scratch and teaching himself (fucking D.I.Y.) the bass, then give me a shout. I mean from scratch though, I've hardly picked up the thing since I got it.

If noone else is up for it and you don't mind someone who will be starting from scratch and teaching himself (fucking D.I.Y.) the bass' date=' then give me a shout. I mean from scratch though, I've hardly picked up the thing since I got it.[/quote']

I'll be sure to give you a shout at some point, as we haven't really had too many offers. Although, there are a few possibles.

SHall you be in attendence this evening for Evidence of Trauma?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Have to give this one a miss mate, as it's my weekend on at work and I am laughably skint too. Feel free to give us a shout, I've been into underground noise since 1989, so enthusiasm would hopefully make up for initial lack of talent.