aberdeen-music

Evac seeks bassist

Guest Nikola Tesla

Guest Nikola Tesla

Yea so us at Evacuating Heaven are looking to fill our non existant bass slot......

If anyones interested, all we ask is that your opened minded musicly. A fan of extreme music would be preferable too... but we'll try out as many people as we can :up:

No time wasters either please.......

If anyones interested pm me or any of the other Evac members and we'll get back to you...

thanx

Stu.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikola Tesla

Em sorry man but a small knowledge/enjoyment of any extreme music is kinda a big thing to us.... and by your listening section i dont think you'd fit.

We're still looking folks as i said before just p.m. me or the other two guys in the band.

p.s by extreme metal i should have changed that to extreme music...

cheers for any help

stu.

If anyones interested' date=' all we ask is that your opened minded musicly. A fan of extreme music would be preferable too... but we'll try out as many people as we can :up:

[/quote']

and by your listening section i dont think you'd fit.

A bit closed minded of you, don't you think? The guy might be a great bass player.

Right, lets make a quick note here. Contradictory to what Stu posted, we want someone with atleast some extreme music in their taste. Yeah, ok, we said open minded musicians, but there must atleast be a relative interest in extreme genres. If there is no link to what the rest of us are up to, then we are not interested.

Just as a side note, if you are not applying for this post, or not making a useful comment, then do us a favour and don't post here. Not meaning to be a bastard, but I have no time for the "Oh, you're looking for someone, but you didn't take them on" style posts. Don't know about anyone else, but it gives me a major fucking headache.

We are seriously in need of a bassist, so, as above, if you match the criteria give any of us a shout, and we shall see.

Guest Nikola Tesla
I think my point was useful. You are in need of a bass player' date=' and you have turned down the only person that appeared interested. Pretty much shot yourselves in the foot I think. Bass players are hard to come by....[/quote']

Look man we honestly don't care... we have our reasons for not accepting camie's offer.

This is our band and our desicion on who plays with us.

We asked for a person with a little knowledge/favour for extreme music and that was because we are that kind of band. Plus i know for a fact camie is not into any of those things.. so give it a rest and please leave our thread alone.

Guest Nikola Tesla

Right ok....... i'm going to clear this up.

We are looking for a bass player who is involved in harsher music spectrum.... an ecclectic music taste along with this would be nice. As all members of Evac have wide tastes, but being a fan of the harsher music types is most important.

We just simply are not taking this one guys offer, as he has nothing to do with our music at all. He stated himself he is not fond of extreme music... which unfortunatly is somthign we play. So hense we feel that it would be stupid to take him on board.

Now can we get back to actualy what this post is for?

Stu.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Extreme music = tuneless unlistenable obscure rubbish :up:

I'm glad you think so. Now could you please do us all a favour and keep your obviously superior opinions to yourself?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Is a bass player really necessary? You have two guitars so that should do the job. The Spike Boys get along fine without a bassist. Good luck whatever happens.

Is a bass player really necessary? You have two guitars so that should do the job. The Spike Boys get along fine without a bassist. Good luck whatever happens.

We only have one lame assed talentless guitarist. Theres alot of songs I've been writing that seem to be missing something, and we have came to the conclusion that we need something that will make the sound a bit more complete. Hence, bass sounded a good idea. Plus it will add a new level to the sound.

The only problem is finding one, because all we seem to get is assholes talking about why we should lick peoples asses if they offer they're services as bassists, even if they have nothing in common with us. And sorry, nothing personal, but I'm don't accept Camie's offer at all. I really couldn't put up with the guy in a band. I don't know why, but theres something that makes me cringe when I see him. Like I said, no offence, but thats the way it is.

Anyways, back to the point at hand. If you want to join in on our little experiment into the musical scene, then give any of us a shout. If you ain't got something useful to say, fuck off.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I totally agree mate, there's absolutely no point in getting someone just because they can actually PLAY the thing. It'll only work if they're into the same kinda stuff. Come on, there must be SOMEONE out there!

I totally agree mate' date=' there's absolutely no point in getting someone just because they can actually PLAY the thing. It'll only work if they're into the same kinda stuff. Come on, there must be SOMEONE out there![/quote']

Doesn't seem like there's much hope for an Evac bassist.

Perhaps a second guitarist would be a better option. Still, I haven't lost hope, so come on folks, get typing!