aberdeen-music

Evac seeks bassist

Guest Nikola Tesla

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So' date=' you have one guitarist. Neale.

And Stu is drumming?

And Calum does what?[/quote']

The set up is basically this, I am the only member of the band who sticks to one instrument. Stu and Calum swap between places as drummer and vocalist for different songs. Thats it really.

It would be pleasing to be involved but I think it's going to take a couple of months to get my bass on the guy :(

em.... what do you mean by on the guy?

Knowing my luck it will be the most obvious thing ever, but hell, I'm known for my stupidity :rolleyes:

Which gig is this? No bassist yet gigging? Pleasing attitude!

I'm taking a year off of uni so I should be working a lot more and saving ye old pennies to hopefully have enough for next year's uni-ing, pay off this years fees, getting a Leeds ticket for next year and buying a bass guitar at some point [probably sooner than the ticket and next years fees] so I'll give you a shout if/when it happens. You might have someone already so good luck :up:

And sorry' date=' nothing personal, but I'm don't accept Camie's offer at all. I really couldn't put up with the guy in a band. I don't know why, but theres something that makes me cringe when I see him. Like I said, no offence, but thats the way it is.

[/quote']

That is personal though you twat. So you are saying you odnt like me because the "look of me" thats very lame indeed.

That is personal though you twat. So you are saying you odnt like me because the "look of me" thats very lame indeed.

First of all, I don't see why our reasons for declining your offer should really be justified. It's only because people like Monk Rocker who have been questioning our decisions that I posted that.

Secondly, it's not lame as you put it. Whats lame is that fact that you seem to believe that you are everyones friend. My reasons have got nothing to do with your appearence, but the way you act. In my eyes you're a slimy little bastard who tries to get into social groups he doesn't belong. I personally don't want to have anything to do with you, and I couldn't stand being in a band with you. That of course is my opinion, and not the opinion of the full band, but I think that it would be better for everyone to be happy.

If you have anything further to say, I think it would be better to deal with it through PM's, as I don't think it's appropriate to discuss such things on the boards.

N.M

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
Extreme music = tuneless unlistenable obscure rubbish :up:

oh dear...i took quite a laughing fit at that...

what a closed-minded piece of shit that comment is. theres something complex and great about extreme music that people like you will never understand.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
oh dear...i took quite a laughing fit at that...

what a closed-minded piece of shit that comment is. theres something complex and great about extreme music that people like you will never understand.

Would you like a church wedding or would you be content with a discreet registry office do?

Guest prerogative

At least N.M aint hiding round the bush, he said what he said, you publically asked for reasons, he gave you, you cannot have a go now, or maybe you can, but i think he's explained himself very well, and can see where he's coming from in his views(not that i know you or shit) but for what he thinks is for the greater good of himself/project as a whole, and well life rolls on, no matter what

and, camie, i thought you had kick started up a project of somesorts already? browsing through old posts i thought so, but fuck knows, i be a little dim at times, ta ra.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
Would you like a church wedding or would you be content with a discreet registry office do?

heh, i thought we'd already been through this! :p

First of all' date=' I don't see why our reasons for declining your offer should really be justified. It's only because people like Monk Rocker who have been questioning our decisions that I posted that.

Secondly, it's not lame as you put it. Whats lame is that fact that you seem to believe that you are everyones friend. My reasons have got nothing to do with your appearence, but the way you act. In my eyes you're a slimy little bastard who tries to get into social groups he doesn't belong. I personally don't want to have anything to do with you, and I couldn't stand being in a band with you. That of course is my opinion, and not the opinion of the full band, but I think that it would be better for everyone to be happy.

If you have anything further to say, I think it would be better to deal with it through PM's, as I don't think it's appropriate to discuss such things on the boards.

N.M[/quote']

I pointed out the fact that you turned down the only offer of a bass player you had. Didn't question your decision, but I thought is was daft. Especially as now it transpires you have a gig in less that a week and no bass player. This is going to be good :up:

I pointed out the fact that you turned down the only offer of a bass player you had. Didn't question your decision' date=' but I thought is was daft. Especially as now it transpires you have a gig in less that a week and no bass player. This is going to be good :up:[/quote']

The fact we don't have a bassist currently doesn't mean shit currently. Theres plenty of three peice bands that have went well without a bassist, so to practically claim that bands need a bassist is a bit fucking dumb, is it not?

I realise that by turning down Camie we would be technically shooting ourselves in the foot, but on the other hand, we'd be shooting ourselves in the face if we did pick him up. Simply because he most likely won't enjoy the music we produce. Also, if you read my reply to his little outburst a while ago, you'll find my own reasons for this matter.

Just out of interest, were you born an antagonistic prick, or were you just brought up in that way? Or is it that you feel that you are so special that everyone should know your opinion?

To put it nicely, opinions of smart arsed bastards who think they know it all are not wanted here. We are asking for someone to fill a bassist post, not a cunt who gets off at posting shitty little comments that don't mean shit to anyone.

Fuck off :up:

I wasn't being at all antagonistic. Just putting over my point of view, which in my view was meant to be helpful. I couldn't care less what your issue with the boy Camie is/was.

If my comments "don't mean shit" then why do you get bothered by them?

And personal insults are not appreciated, thank you.