aberdeen-music

Portal 2

Teabags

Only played an hour so far but it's great as expected. I hope it gets much harder later on as I've found the puzzles to be a breeze, although it seems to be re-introducing the old mechanics as well as the new ones at this point.

I should really do the co op but finding it very hard to drag myself away from TF2.

I've been playing tf2 a fair bit recently. I'm not very good though.

Yeah I agree the puzzles are a bit easy not to spoiler anything but I think I'm on chapter 7 and have yet to be stuck for longer than a few minutes.

Is portal 2 much longer than the first one? I remember feeling Portal ended far too soon:(

I kinda want to know this, but I think the simple answer is "yes" but only because the first took maybe two, three hours, tops. And most of that was that bit at the end.

Ended up caving in and buying this on Sunday, who needs food anyway?!

Only played single player so far. Got as far as chapter 4 before giving it a rest for the night but bursting to get back home tonight and crack on.

Wheatley is one of the funniest characters in a game for a long while, there are some proper laugh out loud moments from him.

Utterly freaking Awesome. The end of the single player just left me in stunned silence. Cannot wait to get back online and fire into the co-op! GLaDOS is still easily my favourite character in years, the writing is awesome.

Oh to answer JohnW, yes the single player is more like 6-8 hours rather than 2-4 of the first one.

I did it in about 6-7 hours. Played co-op a fair bit, which is ace, though you'll both feel like total divs at points. It'd be next to impossible to play without actually talking to each other.

Can't wait to get back into co-op, since I bought it on Steam and only have a gaming PC at work just now, and co-op is perfect lunch-time fun.

GLaDOS is the greatest NPC ever.

I did it in about 6-7 hours. Played co-op a fair bit, which is ace, though you'll both feel like total divs at points. It'd be next to impossible to play without actually talking to each other.

Can't wait to get back into co-op, since I bought it on Steam and only have a gaming PC at work just now, and co-op is perfect lunch-time fun.

GLaDOS is the greatest NPC ever.

Is there much replay value in co-op? I'm a bit unclear as to how it works; is it just a series of test chambers you work through from start to end or are there hundreds of chambers picked at random?

I suppose what I'm getting at is if I play co-op with one friend and then another night play co-op with another friend will I just be replaying the same levels?

Is there much replay value in co-op? I'm a bit unclear as to how it works; is it just a series of test chambers you work through from start to end or are there hundreds of chambers picked at random?

I suppose what I'm getting at is if I play co-op with one friend and then another night play co-op with another friend will I just be replaying the same levels?

I think when I joined, I missed a few missions as it continued on from where he had last played it with someone else, which was just the first few missions. Also, the game starts off and returns you back to a central chamber once you complete an "area", where you can choose which chapter/area to go to. New areas open up as one of the players continues through the test chambers.

So I THINK in the scenario you described, you could continue on from where you last left off, but your mate would miss the chambers you'd already done.

No idea how many chambers there are, but I'm guessing it's going to be quite finite.

• 2 weeks later...

Never got into Portal 1 and only bought Portal 2 cause the guy at game told me to ditch vag warfare.

What a game, probably one of the best Ive played on xbox to date.

The opening scene just after you meet the very funny Wheatly just looks amazing. At first, after working my way through a few test chambers I did start to panic and wonder if thats all this game was. But it soon starts taking all sorts of turns.

Why is there a button to duck but no apparant use for it?

I also now love this guy.

Untitled.png

Why is there a button to duck but no apparant use for it?

Oh, there are... Mostly Easter Eggs, like:

Chamber 16 of Glados' levels near the start of the game, use the laser to kill the turrets as normal then go back and use the laser on the turret just as you walk in. Crouch into that hole and look down.

I've been playing tf2 a fair bit recently. I'm not very good though.

Yeah i've seen you around quite a fair bit. You're not a bad medic when you pocket me as a soldier (although I probably have failed to protect you now and again).

TF2's got a steep learning curve, but if there's anything you want to get advice on then just give me a shout.

Finished Portal 2 last week, great single player although I found it a little too easy to be honest. I hope the DLC will have tougher test chambers.

Words cannot express how much I love Valve, even though they are fucking up TF2 by adding more hats/weapons without optimising the updates/fixing bugs first.

Help im stuck i need a pointer. But maybe not a spoiler. Im in the room with a verical blue shield and a gun on the far side. AHHHHHHHHHHH

This ... could be a number of rooms. See a room number thing on the wall? Who's the voiceover for that level? (If need be feel free to PM me)

Just got to the orange/ speeding up paint. Loving the game. Its great not to hnave to shoot other beings for a while. I ve been playing Dirt 2 also. I think i lost my love of gaming cos of too much FPS ing. LA Noire then Dirt 3 on my agenda. Ill leave the shooters for a while me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking YAS.

Need some special music to test science by? Valve has you covered.

Valve's Portal 2 is rightly beloved by many for its pitch-black humor and mind-bending physics puzzles' date=' but one thing that never gets quite as much attention as it really should is the game's soundtrack. Sure, other than a few bits performed by Jonathan Coulton it's never really all that notable, but it's well-composed and provides a perfect auditory backdrop to flinging companion cubes through space.

Valve wants to change that, and has released the first volume of Portal 2: Songs to Test By to the internet - for no charge whatsoever. This first volume - of a planned three - contains 22 songs which can be heard at various parts in the game. There are also some shorter tunes specifically designed to be used as ringtones for your phone.

More companies need to do things like this, and it's no wonder that Valve has such strong good will in the gamer community. Now if you'll excuse me, this music has me in the mood for science.[/quote']

Official Portal 2 Website - Music