aberdeen-music

Pensioner 'Yearlings' Album Launch with Carson Welles & Min Diesel

moo

Hey folks,

We'll be releasing our debut album 'Yearlings' on May 2nd through Olive Grove Records and will be playing Aberdeen Tunnels on Friday April 22nd with Carson Wells & Min Diesel. Doors 7.30 and it's 4 on the door :)

Added this to the gig calendar but no post showing up, any ideas why not?

• 2 weeks later...
I did enjoy Pensioner when they played Cellar 35 a while back. Will this show have new material from Carson Wells? I'll no doubt be along anyway. It'll no doubt be better than staying in and watching River City.

We'll endeavour to have something! It depends on when you last saw us I suppose. Anyway, hopefully/possibly we'll have a new CD. I just realised this is later this month... so maybe not. Huw? Vega?

Regardless, we've recorded 4 new songs. And this is going to be ace. We played with Pensioner recently in Dundee and Edinburgh and they were absolutely magnificent; not a weak song in their set. They are reason enough to come down to this, and you can pick up their album while you're at it!!!

Oh, and Min Diesel will be their/playing.

Absolutely fantastic gig. Min Diesel were great, despite not being able to get into their storage space and therefore having to borrow Carson Wells' gear. Carson Wells themselves were fantastic too, and I'm looking forward to this new EP they have coming out. And I'd never seen Pensioner before, but they blew me away - man, do they know how to groove!

The one thing that disheartened me slightly was the fact that there were only about 25 folk in the crowd. Three great bands, who deserved a bigger audience to play to.

All of you who didn't go missed out. Big time.

The Min were great as usual, despite all the gear trouble. :( New songs are sounding doss and Zipp's vocals were on it.

Pensioner were absolutely on fire and have come on leaps and bounds since the first EP - got their sound absolutely nailed. Got to hear the first 4 tracks off the album on the way home and they sound great. Lovely packaging too.

Only downer is the Sunday night-like turnout, which seems to happen more and more regularly these days. Hopefully Pensioner can make it up for a well attended gig sometime in/after summer.

Cheers guys, very kind words indeed! True the turnout could have been better but it was cool that most people who came seemed to be into it and thanks for buying the album!!

Would definitely like to get back up to Aberdeen in another few months, and as always a pleasure playing with Min Diesel and Carson Wells who were both pant wettingly good.