aberdeen-music

Brand New Local Band

TurnerJnr

I listened.

I would suggest that you perhaps try less to sound exactly like the Arctic Monkeys tbh (including the accent that your singer is putting on, which was frankly annoying).

The song itself was quite boring too, I thought, I think the vocals/vocal melody took away from the energy generated by the jangly guitars.

Don't mean to be all negative, sounded like the musicianship was decent enough, just need to work on songwriting and vocals I reckon.

Need i say more?

I think you should say more than just your name. I'm not interested in influences (think that is pretty clear from the track)' date=' but how long have you been together, what are your plans, etc?

Keep your ears open and your legs closed.

I don't understand.

Had a listen to the tunes on MySpace (Suburban Saints | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos) rather than the dodgy-quality one on YouTube, although the MS ones don't have drums. I can see why Adam heard a bit of Arctic Monkeys in there; it also sounds quite Strokes-influenced?

Would be interested to see what the songs are like live :)

Agree with what Adam said.

Musical ability is there, competent enough at the instruments, but I found the song didn't really go anywhere, despite a promising start with the jangly guitars.

Definite potential, for sure, though the singer needs to quite acting like he's from Sheffield.

Suburban Saints; Need i say more. A 3 peice indie band.

Keep your ears open and your legs closed.

YouTube - 50 Tricks

Please stop talking like that.

I guess this is good if you're into this sort of thing. I think it'd sound more interesting if it was slower and there were less cymbals in the chorus. You're clearly aware of how to create melody though, so it's promising.

Listen to more Pavement and less Libertines. But then, I'd say that to anyone, regardless.

Cheers for the comments guys, all greatly appreciated! we will hopefully get the songs recorded nice and proper in the near future and then you can here them in better quality!

could i also just defend our singer, cause im loyal like that, ehm thats just the way he sings, he's not "putting it on" i personally think it sounds awesome but then im biased :up: