aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
MC Nice Andrew

Tri -monitor display

Anyone have any ideas of how i can use three monitors without having to use and extra graphics card? Or upgrade my motherboard?

For example, I have two running off of a graphics card, wondered if i could use the onboard graphics some how for the third?

Any help would be appreciated

I don't think it is possible I'm afraid. I set up a 4 panel display at work for a conference, but that used a 4-head graphics card. The PCI-e bus is totally separate to the on-board monitor output on the motherboard so the two will never meet. Also the on-board will use a separate driver to the GC and they won't speak to each other.

Surely that'll just give you 2 monitors with the same output?

This is true. Same video signal coming out of the DVI port on the graphics card afterall.

Does your card only have 2 DVI/HDMI ports? I know some ATI cards have their own HD-compliant port that comes with a bunch of component/video out cables.

Surely that'll just give you 2 monitors with the same output?

Used to use them all the time at my old work on single output graphics cards. Lets you have an extended desktop over two monitors.