aberdeen-music

Wanted : Fender American Vintage '75 Jazz Bass Natural - Maple fretboard

Azzurro

• 3 weeks later...
That is a REALLY nice bass. In fact perhaps my dream bass.

Sigh if only i didnt just buy a bass yesterday.

Yep, when I bought my Sandberg I wanted it to look like that - natural with block inlays, but it would have put another 50% of the cost of the bass on top of what I was already paying... butterscotch will do!

Sandberg's are the pups nut but fuck me, what a price.

Yeah they're pretty pricey most of the time, but they are hand made. If you look at hand made fender's you're talking the same price, I'd imagine? Plus, the Sandberg beats the Fender jazzes I've heard/played hands down. Would like to put it toe to toe with a lakland, but it think the active/passive Delano p'ups would edge it for the Sandberg.

jazz

I had a Lakland 55-02 - Skyline series with the Bartolini system.

It was amazing.

Saying that, it was second year of SKyline production, so all assembly, finishing and QC was USA. Tried a couple of new ones at G-G and you wouldn't think they were from the same company. Not a patch on mine.

I heard that it says "Made In Korea" under the scratchplate.

Bastard..you said it was American when i bought it with one of those fake Tokai springys you are selling.

Yeah they're pretty pricey most of the time, but they are hand made. If you look at hand made fender's you're talking the same price, I'd imagine? Plus, the Sandberg beats the Fender jazzes I've heard/played hands down. Would like to put it toe to toe with a lakland, but it think the active/passive Delano p'ups would edge it for the Sandberg.

Yeah, Sandbergs are boutique basses really hence the price. Laklands' - I quite fancy the Decade, not really that bothered with their Super Jazzes.

I have a Lakland Skyline DJ4 - i love it. The sound is brilliant and it feels awesome.

I did try dozens of basses before i decided on it. Even if the skylines are the budget models, it sounded better than the "proper" ones.

It faired very well against the sadowsky i tried too.

Just was cheaper :D

I have a Lakland Skyline DJ4 - i love it. The sound is brilliant and it feels awesome.

I did try dozens of basses before i decided on it. Even if the skylines are the budget models, it sounded better than the "proper" ones.

It faired very well against the sadowsky i tried too.

Just was cheaper :D

They had a blue one in Brucies,i personally thought it was nothing special.I played it back to back with a squier vintage modified and thought there wasn't much in it sound wise.The Duck Dunn p bass was ace but far too pricey.Suppose it all boils down to personal taste,if you are happy then rawk on dude!:up: