aberdeen-music

News of the World

Sturtpot

If you're popping down the shops today pick up a copy of the News of the World and turn to page 4 of the music section to find a write-up of Shotgun Dawn's gig at the Tunnels on Wednesday.

Its a better review than I hoped for, plus its got a picture of Gary's face beside it too.

We're apparently "worth watching" so its all good like :)

Cheers guys

Stu

If you're popping down the shops today pick up a copy of the News of the World and turn to page 4 of the music section to find a write-up of Shotgun Dawn's gig at the Tunnels on Wednesday.

Its a better review than I hoped for, plus its got a picture of Gary's face beside it too.

We're apparently "worth watching" so its all good like :)

Cheers guys

Stu

This isn't anything to do with Katie Price and her 'Scottish celebrity' is it?

Doesn't anyone else fucking hate music journalism, especially gig reviews? It just stinks of "oh look at how many bands I can name that this band I am reviewing remind me of", especially the 'band A meets band B in wierd scenario C' statements.

Oh, and he spelt Megadeth wrong. Twat.

Doesn't anyone else fucking hate music journalism, especially gig reviews? It just stinks of "oh look at how many bands I can name that this band I am reviewing remind me of", especially the 'band A meets band B in wierd scenario C' statements.

Word.

I just googled "NME Reviews" and that was the first one that I came across. I had to fight desperately against my gag reflex whilst skimming through this puerile nonsense.

"Lyrically, the albums a love letter from 1984s Winston Smith to Julia, or rather Bellamy to his fiance. Love is our resistance goes Resistance (surprisingly), and the abiding message is that forbidden romance against the odds will, even in this dystopia, triumph. The references to my guiding lightning bolt suggest that behind the musical lunacy is just a guy in love with a beautiful woman. Perhaps because this is the first time hes opened himself up emotionally, Bellamy feels the need to cloak his feelings in metaphor, and, once past the overcooked imagery, The Resistance feels resolutely human throughout."

Music journalism had a purpose before the days of blogging and linking and all the other awesome things that we now have. All Q and NME have to offer us these days is a schoolboyish reverence for Bono and Kasabian.

But yeah good shout; Music journalism should have a thread of it's own.

Well he described us as Power Metal when we're actually just Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, so I will totally agree that any review including this one has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

We're just stoked that someones decided to take the time to actually watch and write about us. If even just one person who hadn't heard our music before hears us and gets us as a result of the article then we're more than happy with it.

From our youtube and myspace hits it looks like we've had a couple of hundred more than before the article was published so we're really chuffed about that.

I also think its great that local Aberdeen bands get featured in national publications, its good for everybody.

Thanks for taking the time to read the article though :)

Well he described us as Power Metal when we're actually just Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, so I will totally agree that any review including this one has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Fucking schoolboy journalism. What kind of tube makes such an obvious mistake? Sheesh.

EDIT: Damnit, Mo beat me to it. Serves me right for grunching.