aberdeen-music

are Modest Mouse really REALLY...

Guest alex.

Guest The Tourist

Well yes, they are very clever. Duh

Their "more insulting version of Franz Ferinand" music is hardly a new "trend", they've been on the go for about 10 years something...

they're an excellent band alex what are you on about. just seem to have got some good press coverage of late. speaking of which, has dominic mohan claimed them yet?

and dont go dissing the franz alex, you wish you wrote matinee. yeah you.

Modest Mouse get :up: from me. Picked up some excellent demos on Napster apparently recorded when they were still in school. Verified it on one of the fan sites too. Orwell could have sounded like them if Stuart could have separated himself into Singy Stuart and Shouty Stuart and harmonised...

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i'm one of those people who are newly getting into modest mouse, but i think they're pretty awesome, some of their songs are really thoughtful, and the singers voice is lovely

Guest pop-notmyface

ive never heard much of modest mouse but the riff to Float On really is a killer. that song was played just before the chilis went on in murrayfield.

ive never heard much of modest mouse but the riff to Float On really is a killer. that song was played just before the chilis went on in murrayfield.

Those bands shouldn't be named in the same sentence, unless it was something like

"Modest Mouse are a really good band, but the Red Hot Chili Peppers are not."

but you are right, Float On is a very good song.

Guest pop-notmyface
Those bands shouldn't be named in the same sentence' date=' unless it was something like

"Modest Mouse are a really good band, but the Red Hot Chili Peppers are not."

but you are right, Float On is a very good song.[/quote']

lol. thats just a matter of opinion. i hear youre playing at the lemon tree this friday or saturday? what can one expect when getting there and seeing all these cool bands?

lol. thats just a matter of opinion. i hear youre playing at the lemon tree this friday or saturday? what can one expect when getting there and seeing all these cool bands?

Umm, unless I haven't been told, politik or clive ravensby (I assume you're referring to one of these) aren't playing at the lemon tree, or anywhere else, this month, let alone this friday or saturday.

Maybe you're thinking of the Nomad AM/Eating Paper Webzine night on July 31st, at the Lemon Tree, featuring

Dedalus

Politik

Masamune

The Gloria Flaw

Nick HG#1.

yeah, it'll be rad.

Guest pop-notmyface
Umm' date=' unless I haven't been told, politik or clive ravensby (I assume you're referring to one of these) aren't playing at the lemon tree, or anywhere else, this month, let alone this friday or saturday.

Maybe you're thinking of the Nomad AM/Eating Paper Webzine night on July 31st, at the Lemon Tree, featuring

Dedalus

Politik

Masamune

The Gloria Flaw

Nick HG#1.

yeah, it'll be rad.[/quote']

oh yeah, got mixed up, so much happening gig-wise this week....