aberdeen-music

Stadium or Club?

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i think it really depends on the band playing....par example, i saw vex red last year in a very big venue and it was very very wrong, the atmosphere of such a large venue just didn't support their music at all, but seeing them at the liquid rooms was fantastic, it totally fitted them as a band. the same with biffy. i think any sort of hardcore or punk gig has to be small too, or else the intensity of the music is completely lost. whereas, a band like feeder playing at the secc seemed completely right, i think seeing them in a smaller venue wouldn't work at all. but generally, i much prefer gigs in smaller venues, especially dingy little clubs, it feels so much more intimate, and the sound can really be appreciated more. plus, if theres a hot guy in the band, means you can get closer to them ;)

I agree with clubs.......some of the best gigs I've seen have been in Drakes, when the audience might be small, but the atmosphere is electric.

(Having said that my fave gig was the Who at Parkhead 76).

_______________________________________________________________________-

Kitchen Cynics............................................................................who?..........

i think it depends on the band. i haven't been to many stadium gigs.. just feeder, radiohead, muse and rhcp. all were very good but i think that a stadium suited their sets better.

bands such as easyworld and the cooper temple clause belond in clubs. just because. there is generally a better atmosphere in clubs too.

Guest The Tourist

Clubs definately, apparently the Blood Brothers still play small clubs over in America, they're playing in Brooklyn on my birthday in July, i'll be in America but will have left New York by then... Fucks sake min.

Guest The Tourist
Also the sound tends to be a lot better.

Well, I dunno about that one... I'd imagine the sound system at say, the SECC is ever so slightly better than Kef or another club of a similar size.

definitely clubs and smaller venues-far more intimate.the mcr gig at king tuts was one of the best i've been to ever.the atmosphere was electric and just would have been lost in a larger venue.

some bands suit stadia though-saw the foos,green day and rhcp in that sort of venue and it was better for them i guess,although the sound wasn't great and the atmosphere just wasn't the same

Guest pop-notmyface
Clubs definitely.

Although Radiohead were amazing in the exhibition centre' date=' the thought of Less Than Jake in Kef (as opposed to Music Hall where I saw them) would have been amazing.[/quote']

but think about masses of sweaty skankers crammed in the pit a kef... yuod need a bargepole t get through...