aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Localboylost

Guitar prices

Yep, sure has. Gibson LP Standards... or Traditionals are they're now called, cost 1700! I just got a 2008 Classic for 1250. Fender are about to put their prices up too. Bad times to buy a guitar.

not just guitars but amps as well. Mesa boogies on places like GAK are up about 300 notes. In some cases 500. marshalls as well are up a few hundred quid.

The falling pound won't be doing guitar gear prices much good

The good news is that this will have a knock on effect on second hand prices, and people like me who already have lots of guitars and have no intention of buying more will see the value of their collection skyrocket. :up:

Seriously though, it's one thing them asking higher prices, it's another people actually paying them. I remember around 2002 Gibson tried to put prices up but people just wouldn't pay them and they eventually drifted down again.

1800 for a Les Paul Standard is ridiculous, I bet you can pick them up for 1400 before the end of the year, especially with the economy fucked.

You have some odd choices there.

I had a 60's Mustang(not a re-issue) and it was hands down, the worst guitar I've ever played. Sold it on.

yeah prices are going up- the pound is falling against the dollar, so new american branded stuff is going to get more expensive. Plus, Fender is putting out a 30% price increase. Brace yourself for the near future, but it won't last....

yeah prices are going up- the pound is falling against the dollar, so new american branded stuff is going to get more expensive. Plus, Fender is putting out a 30% price increase. Brace yourself for the near future, but it won't last....

Very much so! most guitars are 20% more expensive that they were 4 months ago..