aberdeen-music

The Harry Dalgarnos WILL play tomorrow

Guest The Tourist

Guest Tam o' Shantie

HAHA! amazing words fom camie! a fucking great bassist too!

special guests tonight including

CAMIE playing bass on the emo song!

Leckie Gilman on drums for our operation ivy covers!

The barman with long hair and glasses on bass for the who's CAN"T EXPLAIN!

and not to mention SWINGIN' RYAN kicking out the fucking jams on SEX PISTOLS songs and MORE!

We saw an abundance of good drummers on Sunday.

Some suggestions:

1) We need to soundcheck the guitars better, as the jazz guys are using far less distortion than the HDs. Once we got that out of the way things started to sound much better.

2) Try not to fart around in between deciding what to play. It's better to remain silent until things are worked out. Farting around is the audio equivalent of people revving their engines at traffic lights. It's just scares pedestrians people off the road / punters out the bar. It is possible to work out chord changes etc with the guitars volume knob turned down!

3) Post a threadin advance to work out a rough set list, that everyone can at least listen to prior to the jam. It's OK to throw stuff in at the time, but there should be at least a handful of preplanned numbers.

4) Lets do more of the improvised bluesand funk stuff it sounds great.

Those minor points aside we are getting somewhere, and once we get slicker the punters will come back.

The old house band were in on Saturday asking to come back and I politely declined their offer - I'm putting my faith in you guys. The old house band say you're shit but so were they for the first year.

Rock On!

The Hex Pens still show up although we didn't see much of themat exam time. There is no house band as such - we scrapped that idea because I couldn't devote enough time to it. Now we are aiming for a bunch of loyal regulars desperate to get pissed on the cheap.

Unfortunately the drum kit defines the volume of everything else, unless people turn their guitars up too loud. Sometimes when there aren't many punters in I just disengage the desk altogether unless there's a vocal. So if it's too loud the only remaining option is to sit nearer the back.