aberdeen-music

The Harry Dalgarnos WILL play tomorrow

Guest The Tourist

Guest The Tourist

I put this in this forum because it's hardly music.

Open Mic night at the Moorings, bout 8ish, we'll see you there supporting your new favourite "band".

We promise special guests... Maybe.

Guest The Tourist
The Harry Dalgarnos: Was that named after the elderly man that went missing in the inverurie area and is feared dead?

Uh... No, of course not...

Guest evil noodle
hehe' date=' i heard they found parts of his body...[/quote']

Hey, go tell the family you find this funny.

I hope they stab you in the faces you sick fucks.

Guest evil noodle
god help us if we named the band the John Smiths....

for the record I had no idea what the name was about....

bit of a difference between a common nomenclature, which doesn't have any real resonance, and one which has something of a tragic local connection non?

I have no reason to doubt that you were unaware of the name issue.

bit of a difference between a common nomenclature' date=' which doesn't have any real resonance, and one which has something of a tragic local connection non?

I have no reason to doubt that you were unaware of the name issue.[/quote']

Yeah, I must admit when they first found those animal bones in the river, thinking it was those of Mr H's I thought, wow, bit close to the bone - but then, that was the first I'd ever heard of Harry Dalgarno.

I can see the tragedy for the family losing a relative. But in joking of death (which is a long held and treasured pastime of human culture), where does one draw the line? How offended would you be if they named their band the Richey Manics? Or one of ten thousand other names of missing people in the UK? It's personally touching locally, to the family, but who gives anywhere else? Sure, the point is obviously to provoke controversy and discussion, but if you can't talk openly about death, then you can't talk at all.

Still, can't help but feel sorry for the family. Not knowing is worse than the seemingly worst fate of all.

Guest Logan
Oh well that blows my night ou ti willll just stay in again to make sure keilan greet his public

Go Delly' date=' it's ya birthday, we gun party like it's ya birthday! ^_^[/font']

Sure' date=' the point is obviously to provoke controversy and discussion, but if you can't talk openly about death, then you can't talk at all.

QUOTE']

Death being the only inevitability in life, I think its much more important than music / bands effectively taking the piss out of it. I don't think its clever or controversy provoking, I think its a sickly lame attempt at being funny.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

why won't people fuck off - both 'harry' and 'dalgarno' are common names, maybe the name was in the back of our minds somehow when we named the band, i'm fucking sick of people saying we are disgusting people trying to get a 'shock' reaction, why don't you fuck off. lots of people go missing, and lots of people are called harry dalgarno - the fact that a made up character shares the same name as a man who went missing means absolutely nothing. i suppose if we called our band 'the andrew dills' and played in birmingham (just did a random google search 'missing man birmingham') we'd deserve a stabbing too? get a fucking clue

why won't people fuck off - both 'harry' and 'dalgarno' are common names' date=' maybe the name was in the back of our minds somehow when we named the band, i'm fucking sick of people saying we are disgusting people trying to get a 'shock' reaction, why don't you fuck off. lots of people go missing, and lots of people are called harry dalgarno - the fact that a made up character shares the same name as a man who went missing means absolutely nothing. i suppose if we called our band 'the andrew dills' and played in birmingham (just did a random google search 'missing man birmingham') we'd deserve a stabbing too? get a fucking clue[/quote']

wise words.

it is a lovely name and if you don't like it sook my sweaty root.

i will be watching the harry dalgarnos tonight. :up:

good luck guys.

Sure' date=' the point is obviously to provoke controversy and discussion, but if you can't talk openly about death, then you can't talk at all.

QUOTE']

Death being the only inevitability in life, I think its much more important than music / bands effectively taking the piss out of it. I don't think its clever or controversy provoking, I think its a sickly lame attempt at being funny.

Please stop with that kind of shit. However much you may think it, you're NOT AN OWL.

hehe that was intriguing where was adam anyway as long as i got a bit in the spotlight i dont care. The harry dalgarno's name was purely random and I was told this before they found out he was a person. If people are so worried about the "essence of life" then why the hell youw asting whats left of your life by posting on here.