aberdeen-music

Mouse's Donington Review

Mouse

Fucking hell what an insane weekend. Got home at 9pm then went to a party an hour later and now I'm finally here and pretty drunk, hurrah!

Donington this year was fucking brilliant. Saw lots of bands. Sum 41 saw half of, they played a section of Master Of Puppets & Bullet In The Head (if I remember correct) by Rage Against The Machine. The Hives were fucking killer, even mosh pits for them. they got a great crowd response and put on the best show on the Saturday for me. Electric Six, highly entertaining, of course the place erupted when they played Gay Bar. Their cover of Radio Ga Ga at the end also brilliant. Steve-o and Chris from Jackass, aka the Wildboyz, were funny as fuck. Steve-o stapled his balls to his leg, got Chris to grog in his eyes and then puked everywhere. Steve-o got called a pussy by some guy, so they got him on stage and he was kicked in the balls by this hot chick, classic. They finished with Steve-o setting his hair on fire! Other awesome bands were Cradle Of Filth (fucking hell that women on the string) & Opeth.

Sunday was just as insane. I used to dislike Slipknot, after seeing them live I was blown away. Corey got the crowd to sit down at one point then "Jump the fuck up!", really good shit! Pissed off coz they rescheduled Slayer and I missed some of Slipknot to go see them, and they promoters were so fucking disorganised and Slayer were late. The emo kids never got their way when Taking Back Sunday were forced to play later and Slayer actually got to play at the later time that was said. The crowd was insane, seeing Tom Araya & Kerry King in the flesh was certainly an experience, and they played Hell Awaits which kept me happy! Soulfly were one of the other insane crowds where I lost a lot of energy, brilliant though. Breed 77 put on a great show. Rob from Machine Head created one hell of a circle pit. Saw Damage Plan play Walk at the end, awesomeness. And as for Metallica, well sadly Lars was ill and they had mainly Joey from Slipknot filling in (who was awesome) and Lars' drum tech Flemming and Dave from Slayer at other points. Lars had contracted some illness, but still what a great show, despite the fact Lars wasn't there and Metallica had to cut their set short by an hour after getting on late. Incredible live, I just remembered how much ass Metallica kick. Who cares about the Napster shit, with live performances like that they totally redeem themselves (and done for me by playing The Four Horsemen :D ).

Overall it was a great festival. Sadly I have to saw the organisation was bollocks sometimes...the main entrance wasn't placed properly, and bands were resheduled, making me miss bands I wanted to see and after finding out I could of seen them if it weren't for things being fucked up. Less food stalls would of been good and more merchandise, Donington 2003 was perfect. Apart from that it was an incredible weekend, I was blown away and will be back next year! :rockon:

yeh i think they did, although i was very drunk n could jus be thinkin of me listenin t it in my tent afterwards, but im pretty sure they did, great song! i had a mad weekend! lost my shoes ons at nite in a friends tent, then couldnt remember where his tent was to get em bk, so i walked round all of sunday with no shoes on! the pain! i jus got very fukt so th pain wouldnt be so bad! damn all those stones from th main stage to snickers tent!!!!! bah! n i met th most amazing guy everrrrrrr, but he lives in sweden! guttteeeddd!!!! i started an anti linkin park party on sat nite was so funny, i had ALP written all over me. n i kept sayin to people "come join us, cuz i speak french!" was a great weekend all in all. still wish it was sunday tho! wah!

Forgot to mention the Aftershock tent, free shots if you got these leaflets and there were heaps of them. In it there was the "Beyonce-castle" which was a big butt young jumped on, two jacuzzis, a cow where you put your hand up it's arse to find something pretty slimey, pole dancers & there platforms where you had to knock your partner off with giant suitcases.

Anyone see the bottle war before Metallica...I thought the one before Maiden last year was big. My sister said the part she was in everyone had made a circle and were lobbing bottles off each other full force. The inflatable dolphin going around the crowd was the bomb. And it was funny when Kelly Osbourne came up on the screen, a lot of boos! I miss it all already

The bottle fight before Metallica was big but the bottle fight just after the announcement that Taking Back Sunday were coming on when Slayer should be on the second stage was bigger :)

Bottle fights at Donnington haven't been the same since they banded the 5 litre containers :(

You couldn't see the sky for them when Iron Maiden and Slayer played in '92.

that was funny as fuck' date=' i got hit right on th head owww. my friend got knocked roght on th nose n it started bleedin that was funny, haha[/quote']

You obviously like your friend a lot :p

That was funny as fuck when the guy came out to say TBS would be on instead on Slayer and he got absolutely pelted with bottleds and boos, along with a huge Slayer chant! I certainly saw one 5 litre bottle flying during Metallica, I only got hit once on the head the whole weekend. Everyone was taking shots at the cameramen too, I felt sorry for them.

The biggest injury I sustained was back at the hotel. I was stepping in the Jacuzzi, slipped & hit my neck of the metal bar which took a chunk out of my chin and fucked up my throat a bit!

Guest haigyman
Some fucking 4 foot bastard turned round in a bid to throw a bottle of water into the crowd behind him but smacked me in the chest from point blank range with it after just the WORST throw I've seen in my life. I should have maimed him...moron.

at audioslave last year i got hit with a bottle then filled it up with rainwater, intending to throw it back from whence it came, but i did a crappy throw and hit the guy next to me, thank fuck he was facing the other way.