aberdeen-music

Hope of the States Album

Larsen B

i thought both the killers album and the hope of the states albums were disappointing. killers album is incredibly dull and uninventive. best tune is mr brightside though it sounds like a slow hundred reasons song(it's the guys voice). hope of the states album was better but the guy's voice is annoying and the only great song is the one off the first single black dollar bills. the rest are ok, i wouldn't say it's particularly visionary or ambitious either. 1st track was good as well though.

I agree, I don't like the removal of the military style drumbeat from the chorus (if you could call it that) of Enemies/Friends. I also don't like how Black Dollar Bills almost interrupts The Red, the White, the Black, the Blue. There should be more of a space in between those two songs. However, after three listens I can safely say that it is a wonderful album and certainly best so far this year.

Playing T in the smee you say? well' date=' i may have to go have another gander... i do remember the deceased guitarist was using 2 proco rats live, which was pretty cool... well, until he spilled beer all over his pedal board...[/quote']

DO'H!!

you should check out Kasabian while your at it....dunno if you are already aware of them?