aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Wirelessly posted (Sony Ericsson C902: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.3; U; Series60/3.2 Nokia6220c-1/03.06; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

lottery's tonight! What's a straight again, 9/1?

Straight pays out 6 to 1 on pair plus. Had 5 on that and 2 on Ante.

• 11 months later...

3rd last night at Nash....should have been 1st but stacked off with a cooler 3 handed...its a decent game but yeah take a few bullets...not much folk there though, think 17 and a 840 pot...standard 50/30/20 payout...fml

Trick of the trade, if you had 1500 chips at the end of the rebuy period you can buy a 3000 chip rebuy, and a 6000 chip add on for 20 combined...so you could turn up near the end and only have to spend 30 for a 10.5k stack....i was in for 50 but did the 1500 chip trick at the end...

Qualified for the Sunday $750k on Full Tilt, but I'm a bit skint and tired so will probably just withdraw and take the $216 into my roll. Rarely play donkaments these days, mainly because they start at very UK-unfriendly times.

Had a brilliant week at the tables, but playing with a very light roll just now due to withdrawing most of it rather than getting a job. It's a slow grind back up.

Qualified for the Sunday $750k on Full Tilt, but I'm a bit skint and tired so will probably just withdraw and take the $216 into my roll. Rarely play donkaments these days, mainly because they start at very UK-unfriendly times.

Had a brilliant week at the tables, but playing with a very light roll just now due to withdrawing most of it rather than getting a job. It's a slow grind back up.

Nice one! :up:

What sort of games do you play and is poker your main income?

I've wondered about grinding but I don't think I could hack it.

The WSOP qualifier lasted a grand 25 mins gg me!

Sitting in the $1000 Easter freeroll just now on pstars going nae too bad.

Yeah, poker supports me through uni. Aint had a job in many a moon. I play, in the main, a lot (4-12 at one) of $22 and $33 SnGs on Full Tilt. Obviously I mix it up with cash and MTTs depending on how I feel, but they're my standard game. Rakeback is a Godsend.

GL in the tourneys.

Very simply, it gives you back some of your rake. If you have 27% rakeback and play a $10plus $1 entryfee/rake SnG, then for every one of these you get $0.27 back into your account. A lot of long-term losing and breakeven players make a very nice living by playing insane volume and generating a shitload of rake (and therefore, rakeback).

I'm a long-term winning player but don't put in the same volume as some of these low-stakes, multitabling cash grinders. I do still make a fair bit in rakeback, which is a Godsend in losing weeks.

Different sites and affiliates offer differing rates, but they're largely similar. I use RakeBackNation.com, but they're all much of a muchness. 27% @ Full Tilt is as good as you'll find, but I used to get 80% for working as a Prop (guy who gets games started) @ Betfair. although the RB deal was insanegood, there just wasn't enough traffic on the site so I ended up gravitating back to Full Tilt. Also didn't like the Betfair software.

For any semi-serious player, RB is mandatory imo.

Yup, but you must create your poker account through the affiliate (such as RakeBackNation.com, register there before you start your Full Tilt/whatever site account). Stars don't offer Rakeback unless you're SupernovaElite, which is fuckin hard to achieve.

You can't retrospectively apply RB to an existing account, so if you already have a Full Tilt account you're screwed because multi-accounting is banned. Sometimes they do retrospectively apply it but it takes a heap of emailing FT's support, which is shocking.

Hey, I noticed you are multitabling 6mx SNG's....how many BI's do you think is sufficient for this (sick swong last night btw!) and are you using any tools for multitabling? (like AHK?) Are you a stacker or tiler? You said you were playing like 12 tables at once, but i've always found with 6mx any more than 6 and I'm not playing enough hands or finding the spots (espesh at lower limits where theres a never ending pool of new players each game...end up playing blind) whats the secret to crushing 6mx? 6mx cash is my format of choice and i do like 6mx SNGs, I deal bad with variance though, 6 straight losses and i go flipping my roll heads up....fml...

Hey, I noticed you are multitabling 6mx SNG's....how many BI's do you think is sufficient for this (sick swong last night btw!) and are you using any tools for multitabling? (like AHK?) Are you a stacker or tiler? You said you were playing like 12 tables at once, but i've always found with 6mx any more than 6 and I'm not playing enough hands or finding the spots (espesh at lower limits where theres a never ending pool of new players each game...end up playing blind) whats the secret to crushing 6mx? 6mx cash is my format of choice and i do like 6mx SNGs, I deal bad with variance though, 6 straight losses and i go flipping my roll heads up....fml...

I always keep a roll of ~$3k to protect against swongs. That roll should be sufficient for 6tabling $22 6max SnGs, because they are unbelievably volatile. I remember the first time I had two consecutive -$1k weeks, I was devastated. At the time, I was 10tabling $33s and playing off a $5k roll. It hurt a lot. Nowadays, as I'm in my 4th year at uni and having to play off a lighter roll, I mostly play the $22s for less variance.

I use Pokertracker3 and FTTableninja script, both of which are absolutely mandatory if you want to be successful in the midstakes SnGs. I play the same faces for hours every day.

It's such a cliche, but the secret is to be TAG. Throw away most aces and kings OOP; 3bet the best ones. Play more LAG in position and let the button do the work for you. Bet sizing is absolutely vital; apply pressure in marginal spots when PT3 tells you your opponent is capable of laying a hand down on turn or river.

Finally; don't tilt. Easier said than done, but I would wager that I've been on the right and wrong side of every bad beat known to man, and one day it simply stopped affecting me. Become indifferent to results, and just recognise when you get your money in in plusEV spots.

Don't know how to poast piccies from my harddrive here, or I'd show you my graph Feb-Oct last year.