aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

It sucks getting big hands early on because no one is going to play a pot with you unless they are unlucky enough to have queens or jacks (even then they shouldn't be losing too much chips with those hands in the early levels) You do always get the live ones but they do invariably get luckier than most..best not to go too nuts when you have a big hand early on. SNG's don't really start until the blinds are 10x the avg stack...then you play shove/fold and pray the other folk at the table don't run into monsters, and that they understand ICM and shove/fold equity...

Well that shite.

Bout an hour in to the tournament, starting stack was 4000, I was sitting with about 5000. Blinds 50/100.

I limped in on the button with KK, BB raised to 375, another called the 375. Knowing that there are normally a lot of dodgy low kicker ace calls in the 15 freezeout I re-raised to 2000, half expecting to end the pot there. The BB then moved all-in (another 775) the other boy folded I called. He turned over AK. First card on the flop was an ace - tatties.

Was left with about 2000, blinds at 100/200 on the button again with pocket 10s, raised to 600. Guy says he'll put me all in so I call. He turns over pocket 9s. First card on the flop was a 9 - tatties.

And that was that for another week.

I didnt waste 200. I did waste 80.

No real bad beats, but I fucking hate Queens. AK vs AQ got beat by queen on river, KJ vs QJ got beat by queen on river blah blah blah.

One hand I moved all in when there was 2 Kings on the board at the turn. I had JTd, and I got called by a 56o for an open-ended straight draw with one card to go. Couldn't make sense of that one, I was pretty much getting up and leaving when he said call. I won that hand anyway, but it didnt do much.

freezeout at international tonight anyone?

Well that shite.

Bout an hour in to the tournament, starting stack was 4000, I was sitting with about 5000. Blinds 50/100.

I limped in on the button with KK, BB raised to 375, another called the 375. Knowing that there are normally a lot of dodgy low kicker ace calls in the 15 freezeout I re-raised to 2000, half expecting to end the pot there. The BB then moved all-in (another 775) the other boy folded I called. He turned over AK. First card on the flop was an ace - tatties.

Was left with about 2000, blinds at 100/200 on the button again with pocket 10s, raised to 600. Guy says he'll put me all in so I call. He turns over pocket 9s. First card on the flop was a 9 - tatties.

And that was that for another week.

Pocket tens in an unraised pot on the button with 10x blinds left? I would have burned the felt with the speed my chips would get smashed all in....the idiot would probably still call his nines....I hope you rememberd to say "nh" ;)

Theres a game coming up at the nash organised by some guys who put on good tourneys down in Edinburgh, its a deepstack, slow structure game (with running ante after the breaks) so should take some of the crapshoot element out of it, 30 freezeout 25th April...

More info here OfficePoker.net - organising poker tournaments for you and your workmates

William Hill is now just another skin on the iPoker network (like Titan, Blue Square, Victor Chandler, Mansion etc.) I think Cryptologic (who used to host Will Hill) are now Wagerlogic the only site I know left on them are Interpoker, so they may have the same games.

If you like Bounty Hunters, try Sky Poker....biggest idiots ever play on that site (although the RNG is as screwed as poker stars)

Anyone going to the International tonight?

That post is only 2 days old ;) I'm not going tonight cos I'm skint (maybe teabags will stake me? 8-))

My 200 game thing went a bit tits up....too much idiots at the $5 level...I will try again at the $10SNG's....

Theres no deadline really....they just want players that won't lose them money playing on their site and they'll put up the money for it if you can do it. It's flexible for people who have jobs, families etc. Some staking sites have you playing like 200 SNG's a day, 16 tables at a time....fck that...

Only played the Monday night game at the G twice and thought it was a bit shit...but each time I didn't get a card higher than a fkn 7 the whole game... Friday night 10 rebuy is a great game tho...

Can't tempt you with a 50/50 split after stakeback then eh? ;( I feel your pain in the pockets...I played on Sunday and couldn't win a pot....AK .... no callers...AQ...no callers....KK in the blind, get a walk....raise up 84s to "mix it up"...no callers! then when I've got less than 10 blinds I make a move at a nice pot where i was a slight favourite (straight/flush/straight flush draw!), guy can't fold his AK and wins ace high...

gl tonight...are you playing on the 25th?

Dwan is on another level.....the "World Champ" is proving himself to be the "World nit" and Dwan crushed him on that hand....

HSP was great for the first six episodes of this season but they have changed players now (I think chronologically the newer episodes happened earlier in the setup) Phi Laak, The Magician, Howard Lederer, a bored Antonius.....pretty poor stuff.

Look in the sports section for links to the Antonius/Dwan heads up cash game at Aussie Millions earlier this year...crazy stuff....

Are you playing the 30 freezeout this satuday?

Would love some deep stack action but I've got a friend's birthday night out. Any idea when there's going to be another one? (can't get on gambling sites).

Yeah I was disappointed when the line up changed over as well but Dwan is about to replace Sam Simon in the next episode! Disappointing performance from Zigmund as well, eh?

Best cash game player in the world right now - Dwan

Best tournament player in the world right now - Tran

Goes without saying really... Would have be interesting to see how Tran would fair in HSP. Hachem has made an impressive transition from tournament to cash in the last couple episodes. Wasn't really expecting that.

First win in International tournament last night. Only 24 players, got 285. Cash game afterwards made another 190. Not a bad nights work.

Only had 10 in chips left after leaving cash table, so put one bet on 3 card poker, and hit a straight.

Should have played the fucking lottery as well.