aberdeen-music

Convert a pdf to word format for editing?

Johnny Mac

it depends if the PDF has been protected, obviously...

but you can "save as" - a rich text, then you can format accordingly, I think there is also "OCR reader" too (if it is protected)...but, you need to keep an eagle eye on the gubbins it can spit out.

good luck indeed.

I know my post wasn't exactly too helpful, but from my experience of HAVING to create things as PDFs, and discovering I have to use no less than 3 different Adobe programs to get the most basic of editing done, I fucking despise them.

but..PDF's were originally developed as a "read only" tool anyway to basically get a document in a universal format to people compressed enough to be emailled...if any edits "need" to be made, do them in the "original" (word, pagemaker, inDesign, freehand....you name it, anything EXCEPT pdf (which is "just" an output device).

so don't hate the players, hate the game - sister, girl friend thang.

but..PDF's were originally developed as a "read only" tool anyway to basically get a document in a universal format to people compressed enough to be emailled...if any edits "need" to be made, do them in the "original" (word, pagemaker, inDesign, freehand....you name it, anything EXCEPT pdf (which is "just" an output device).

so don't hate the players, hate the game - sister, girl friend thang.

Stop pissing in my soup.
  • Upvote 1

Anyone know how to do this well?

The inbuilt feature on Adobe Acrobat is not great, loses all the formatting etc.

Or are there any freeware programs?

try this it's not free but has a 90 day/50page demo IIRC.

Had to find something for converting pdf to excel for work and of the three different ones trialled this was the best, not 100% but should do most of it.