aberdeen-music

Xbox Live rating system

Le Stu

Since reputation systems have been a recent popular topic, has anyone else feel they've been treated unfairly by other Xbox Live players?

Now, playing like crap and being shunned as a result, I understand, and certain 'special tactics' some people frown on. Especially on Halo 3, people tend to be pretty harsh on n00by players like me. What pisses me off is that I've received 30% negative feedback for language and I don't even wear my headset!!

It does put me off playing, I must admit.

yea i got bad sportmanship way back when and the only thing i did was beat some kid at ridge racer. bah.

i wouldn't worry about it. people are dicks and they'll just abuse any system like this to score points.

I shouldn't, you're right. I just hate the fact that I can't see who's done this and block them, at least I know of no way. At least on this forum you can't be an anonymous coward.

That rep doesn't effect you gaming or anthing though. I have 70% negative and 30% postive yet still have the 5 gold stars on my tag.

But still, you can only get banned or anything if you get proper complaints, which no one bothers to do as it takes way too long when you're in a game.

I'm now down to 4 1/2... shouldn't effect matchmaking though, and that's all I really care about!

Perhaps they are just jealous of meh. I am the greatest Halo player eveh! LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL.

Somebody had their camera pointed at their crotch during a game of uno, i gave the appropriate response: "feeler" etc... and they left me bad feedback!

"an unsportmansly attitude"

Probably American.

I just realised I got it wrong. I started with 3 stars so I'm actually getting better, not worse. Hooray!

I've got terrible rep, at one point i was at about 80% negative with most of that being labled

'unsporting conduct' and 'trash talk'.

Which is strange, I cant see how i can be a 'bad sport' in street fighter when all im doing is playing the game, if people think tick throws are 'cheap' then im fairly sure they are the ones who are bad sports. Not my fault these kids get rolled so bad.

And the trash talk thing infuriates me, if im on the mic 99% of the time i'll just be saying 'Good game' after a match, the only trash talking i do is when someone disconnects after a loss, in which case I feel righteous in laying down smack talk.

It's a terrible system, but I can't say I mind too much. Ive even started recording some matches and some of the pathetic whining i get from people i've just beaten. You'd be surprised how many times ive been hit with primary school style gay insults, equally as common are the 'skirt wearing sissies' remarks.

I hate to say the 's' word, but xbox live is jam packed with scrubs.

yeah ive got heaps of bad rep for teabagging n00bs on halo, and for trash talking, most of it deserved, its no biggie. Nothing better than wiping out a team then taking the piss, especially if they are english.

Do be careful. There's a lot of English in this city (the smell of oil attracts them, even over the stench of us sweaties) and they may be offended by ur comments. They also hate being beaten by us at anything, and it's quite a shock to them, these days!

or absolutely fuck all to do with it. i've played against arseholes from all over the world not just england. dare i say it even scottish players can be cunts.

who said anything about them being cunts? Calm down sunny.

I just enjoy winning, i enjoy it alot more when i find out they were english.

Almost everyone is a cunt on xbox live me included its part of the banter.

Do be careful. There's a lot of English in this city (the smell of oil attracts them, even over the stench of us sweaties) and they may be offended by ur comments. They also hate being beaten by us at anything, and it's quite a shock to them, these days!

offended by what? Me saying i like to beat english folks at halo?

Theres been a healthy competitive relationship between us and the english for a long long time and long may it continue.

offended by what? Me saying i like to beat english folks at halo?

Theres been a healthy competitive relationship between us and the english for a long long time and long may it continue.

Oh, I wasn't being serious. I caught a faint whiff of handbags-at-dawn in this thread and sought to defuse it by being a silly bastard.

\

I'll get me coat...