aberdeen-music

Noooooooooooooooo!

Bigsby

This is what I think. I still listen to him, and do find it funny soemtimes, but after the second or third listen that was it. Alot fot he time I foudn ti extremely repetitive on the one subject, and I found him to be really fucking condescending. I think he thought he was the messiah, whioch was sad, but people that make him out to be just that are even worse. He was just a comedian.

Mitch Hedberg is FAR funnier.

I completely agree with you, even the Mitch Hedberg bit.

maybe it is a generational thing but i think his style of political comedy has dated. To the point where, when i'm listening to him, I don't care what he thinks, I just want a good punch line.

As for the film, I can't see it working. He hardly led the same kind of eventful life as his predecessor, Lenny Bruce. i.e pretending to be a priest to scam money from widows, becoming a transvestite in order to get disharged from the navy, etc. All Bill Hicks did was a bit of acid with his mates now and again. Was he even censored that much?

HAHA!! This ones for you Teabags!!

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

And...

Always look on the bright side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the light side of life.

[whistle]

If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten,

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps.

Just purse your lips and whistle.

That's the thing.

And...

[whistle]

Always look on the right side of life,

[whistle]

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word.

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin.

Give the audience a grin.

Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.

So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,

[whistle]

Just before you draw your terminal breath.

[whistle]

Life's a piece of shit,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.

You'll see it's all a show.

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And...

Always look on the right side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the bright side of life!

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

Repeat to fade...

This ones for you Jamie...

fuck off you boring cunt.

This ones for you Jamie...

fuck off you boring cunt.

Ah such a witty and intellectual response I bet your a wiz with the ladies!! Tell me how long did it take your miniscule brain cell to come up with that one?? I think I've figured out your issue with Bill Hicks, it's just a stab in the dark mind, (like your conception must have been) he's a little too high brow for you. Oh well never mind I'm sure Joe Pasquale's on soon. Go back to sleep Teabags!! Everything is alright! Watch Joe Pasquale and pleasure yourself senseless, just so long a no one actually asks you to utilise any section of your feeble mind. Go back to sleep Teabags! You are free to be a moron!! You are free to be a moron! Have a nice life!!

Pray tell how you came to get the name teabags in the first place? Were you a dab hand at the the old tea bagging in the Boys Brigade? Have a penchant for a bit of scrot sack do we?
My god. Have I hit a nerve? two whole replies? Fuckin hell.

I got the name from teabagging your mum. There I go with the witty replies again.

I think, just maybe, you're making yourself look like a cock.

My God a your mamma slur, you really are pulling out the old ones today! Next up ..... my dad could batter your dad! I'll end this one here, my penis is bigger than yours, don't worry though I'm doubtful any woman will let you near her so that they would find out about your inadequacies. As I said before have a nice life, try not to die or anything, that would just be too much for the world to take.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, if he hadn't died, he might well be do Doritos ads on telly AND THEN BLOWING HIS BRAINS OUT. Dying young, at the top of your game, is still the best way to be immortalised. Even though I'm a big fan, I'd agree with comments that certain material had its rounds on the circuit a wee bit too often, but if you've ever regularly attended a comedy club, you can see the same guys doing exactly the same stuff week in, week out. Hicks could at least ad lib.

His genuinely bitter, angry side and complete and utter fearlessness are what make him unique to me. If they're going to focus on that in the film then it might be interesting.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
YouTube - Mitch Hedberg handles a heckler << there, far funnier. and he doesn't talk to you like a mother telling off their children either.

Hedberg was funny too but in a different way. Both he and Hicks had a slightly skewed perspective on life that came through in their routines. Hedberg also had to suffer morons calling out punchlines to his one liners as he became familar on the circuit. Both of them died before really reaching their full potential. Comedy is a subjective business - for instance, people rant and rave about how funny Russel Brand is but I find him an annoying cunt who can be mildly amusing at times.

Back to the issue raised by the OP. I can't really see Crowe as Hicks either but I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it - I imagine a lot of people didn't see Dustin Hoffman as Lenny Bruce either but it worked.