aberdeen-music

Would Like to Learn How To Scream

dm1

Phil Anselmo is a good benchmark to aim for. He probably has one of the best vocal ranges in Metal.

yeah. thats why it sounds shite if you have a poor range and try to imitate him. i've got that live thing they did, not quite as good as on record.

the guy from hondo maclean had a huge range too. shame their music was pretty pap.

Maybe you have a point but I find it unlikely that an educational tool actaully makes people sound similar. It is more likely the vocalist lacks the imagination to add their own individuality to their work...... In my view, education in music is there to help rather than to act as a set of rules.

I agree. I think getting as much good advice as possible can rarely create bad results. Its up to the musician to make their music their own. As my music teacher at school used to say, "First we will teach you the rules of how to write good music. Then we will teach you how to break those rules."

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute twaddle that Melissa Cross' students all sound the same.

Spencer Chamberlain and Brock Lindow sound nothing like each other.

Keith Buckley and Randy Blythe sound nothing like each other.

Freddy Crichen and Andrew Everding sound nothing like each other.

Her DVD is something that all "screamers" should at least watch once. I think it is priceless.