aberdeen-music

Stand-up Guy, Involution, Filthpact & 7su, Sat 12th June

Dizzy Storm

STAND-UP GUY

a welcome return for this 4 peice epic noisecore outifit from Belfast. Formed in 2001, Stand-Up Guy have toured & played with the likes of Medulla Nocte, Darkest Hour, Palehorse, Cyclefly as well as touring Scotland with fellow irishmen Spindrift. they're on tour to promote their first album "in Fixation, Conspire".....

think Neurosis, Will Haven, Isis, Tool & earthtone9..amazing live!!... their twin vocals and great use of texture and space in their music is a healthy recipe for ear damage though!! you have been warned!! www.stand-upguy.com

INVOLUTION

Alice in Chains/Soundgarden style rock/metal with hints of Therapy?, Raging Speedhorn and a wee bit of Pearl Jam maybe? also from Ireland and supporting SUG on this tour www.involutionmusic.cjb.net

local support from FILTHPACT www.filthpact.tk (ex VOA, FASTARD & MIKE HUNT) crustcore violence, and 7 STONE UNDER...

doors 8pm

followed by the mighty VALHELLA DJS!!!! maybe during the bands too if i ask nicely....dave?!

i'd love to dj all night but alas a friend is up from london for one weekend and i need to meet him for some drinks. i'll be along in time for stand up guy though.

everyone stick around for valhella afterwards, if you go and see stand up guy then go to air guitar instead of valhella you officially are weak! if you like stand up guy, you'll fucking love valhella.

everyone stick around for valhella afterwards' date=' if you go and see stand up guy then go to air guitar instead of valhella you officially are weak! if you like stand up guy, you'll fucking love valhella.[/quote']

everyone take note of this statement.

the corner of enlightenment shall most certainly be out in full force!

This gig shall be DEADLY!!!

Oh, and even though you can't do the whole night, Rory is going to handle DJing during the bands isn't he???

That was some fucking great gig. Enjoyed every minute of it epecially Filthpact and Stand-Up Guy (If anyone noticed the rather pointlessly tall guy right at the front practically headbutting the guitarists headstock every two seconds, you've seen the results of me enjoying a gig. Prob looked a right tit like).

Heres hoping there shall be a return of Stand-Up Guy soon!

FUCK YEAH :up::rockon::headbang:

Guest allsystemsfail

I caught only Stand Up Guy and Involution. Dunno what to say really. Ain't my kinda thing. Was disappointed I'd missed Filthpact. Would have been cool to see Jeeves play out again.