aberdeen-music

Fudge Awards - 2008 - BEST LIVE ACT

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest idol_wild
No Copy Haho?!?!?!!?

Thing is, as much as I think Copy Haho are possibly Aberdeen's most talented band, they sometimes have a very lax attitude to playing shows in Aberdeen.

When they are up for it, and the sound engineer is able, they are fucking wicked.

Guest idol_wild
I was surprised Kartta weren't nominated. But that could just be because most of the gigs I've gone to this year have involved them...

Plus, your good self, Jan, and Jim are the only people who go to see Kartta! :popcorn:

Guest idol_wild
To be honest, I don't actually like Kartta's music - I just go to the gigs so I can ogle the talent on stage.

You obviously don't mean musical talent then! :D

Thing is, as much as I think Copy Haho are possibly Aberdeen's most talented band, they sometimes have a very lax attitude to playing shows in Aberdeen.

When they are up for it, and the sound engineer is able, they are fucking wicked.

When they played Sleazy's the other week it was probably the best gig i have seen in a very, very, very long time.

PS. Protest Vote are now in the lead, again.

Guest idol_wild
When they played Sleazy's the other week it was probably the best gig i have seen in a very, very, very long time.

My point exactly - if they are playing in any city other than Aberdeen and they are sharing the bill with bands they like, they are one of the best live bands around.

They admit this themselves really.

That said, I went down to Moshulu to see them the other week when the supported The Young Knives and not only could they not be bothered (evidently) but they were on a bill with two utterly garbage bands, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The sound was good and the songs are brilliant.

They're going to be big.

• 2 weeks later...