aberdeen-music

How do you eat sardines and pilchards?

Guest Neutral

Barbecued mackerel is absolutely amazing. Why do more people not barbecue fish?

it's the only thing I BBQ (well, bar a fine rib eye).

I can't stand sausages and burnt discs of shit.

I had some sardines in a gastro pub in London, heads n all...I now know that "gastro" means "gastroenteritis"...I was spewin and pooin for a day....not a happy bunny that day...so, from now on, I don't eat the heads.

It's pretty hard to go wrong when you're cooking fresh fish, only bit that is slightly icky is gutting them. I'd be a bit wary of cathcing anything too close to Aberdeen though, god knows what's in the water around here, I'd imagine you'd need to go further up the coast to get away from all the sewer water and what not.

Guest Neutral
It's pretty hard to go wrong when you're cooking fresh fish, only bit that is slightly icky is gutting them. I'd be a bit wary of cathcing anything too close to Aberdeen though, god knows what's in the water around here, I'd imagine you'd need to go further up the coast to get away from all the sewer water and what not.

Yes, try to stay away from this toxic dump, when fishing I always go up to Moray, one day I may go elsewhere but I know the Moray coast well

mackerel are a migratory species, they only come inshore from the atlantic/northern north sea for a few months of the year and are quite safe to eat.