aberdeen-music

So i'm sleeping in my bed,

Brymon

As i went early due to my 6am check-in for going offshore. When i am woken up by my missus telling me that there is someone in the house. I get up, get my clothes on and run downstairs. As i get to the front door, i hear my missus shout "Give me my fuckin Handbag"!! but by the time i get round there, he gone through the backies.

Me and her brother drove round to see if we could find him, without any success.

So what happened while i was sleeping, Her brother came to pick up his son as we were lookin after him for a couple of hours. When he leaves my missus dose's off. She is woken by the sound of the back door. Thats when she runs up and gets me!!

Fuckin Junkie scumbag, i mean he must have just been walking aong and though "I'll try this door" Ok it was open but how many people dose off while they are watching telly? The living room light was on and the telly was on.

The cunt had stolen 2 mobile phones which i was using as an alarm to wake me up for my early start. Unfortunetly i am a really heavy sleeper and didn't hear him as he took the phones which were about a foot from my face!

So, now i cant go offshore as we have people coming round to change the locks (My missus house keys were pinched too) and dust for finger prints.

My missus is absolutely shitting herself, but can you blame her? The fucker could have done anything as she was sleeping on the sofa or snatched our kid!! But the grief thats been caused over two old shitty mobile phones, a Volcom cap, which was my fave, and a set of keys that wont work by tomorrow night.

Cheky Junkie Minky cunt!!!! I hope i find hime before i go offshore but i can't see it!

:swearing:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Lock the doors at night, chimp. My folks were caught out in a similar way not too long ago, the cunt didn't get away with much and most of it was later found. It's classic sneak thieving, indeed most house thefts are opportunistic. They try doors until they find an open one.

Junkies? Probably, and desperate people do desperate things. But the moment they try to set foot in your home they are a scraggy, thieving, diseased, scrofulous junkie cunt who better hope to fuck they don't find you lying in wait for them...

:up:

Well i think we will be locking the door at all times now!!

It was about half elevenish at night. My missus was gonna lock the door and come up to bed but she drifted off, beforehand. I was in my bed sleeping cause i had to get up early for goin offshore. Thing is its very rarely im in my bed before two, three o'clock, so this to happen the first night in 3 weeks ive went to my bed early is some coincidence.

I know the door should have been locked, but hey we learn from our mistakes! and i was proud to be the only one in my family not to get robbed too!!!

Aye and the missus is ok, just a bit shaken up, because she confronted the cunt, she kept seeing him every time she tried to sleep. Don't know how she'll be when i go offshore though!

Must be horrible finding somebody in your house poking around in your stuff. As far as I am concerned (at the risk of sounding like an American) as soon as any fucker steps into my property without my permission he leaves him rights on the doorstep, meaning it's perfectly acceptable for me to pummell him. We got robbed once in my old flat a few years ago, though there was nobody in at the time. Lost a brand new N64 (which was the top console at the time) and a 20 year old classic Ibanez Destroyer which was customised (in a really cheesy way admittedly), cash, a set of tools, and they even stole my weed! Never could settle properly in that flat after that.

Well, I definitely won't be pointing Mrs Bigsby in the direction of this thread. She goes mental worrying about stuiff like this happening when I'm working away.

She always insists on getting a Yale lock that locks automatically installed whenever we move into a new house, and with good reason it seems.

Guest bluesxman
As far as I am concerned (at the risk of sounding like an American) as soon as any fucker steps into my property without my permission he leaves him rights on the doorstep, meaning it's perfectly acceptable for me to pummell him.

While agreeing with the sentiment unfortunately you would be in the wrong in the law's eyes....

Guest bluesxman
Depends if there's reasonable doubt as to whether you acted in defence or not. As long as you don't beat the person to within an inch of their life you can get away with incapacitating them.

Hmmm, I dont think Id fancy testing the boundaries of what is acceptable to do. It becomes pretty tricky to prove exactly what went on.

The case of the mentalist farmer was a disgrace imo.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Can't say I know much about the detail of the case, but shooting and killing burglars was perhaps a tad over the top.

You may possibly have a point there...

From a legal standpoint, of course.

Guest bluesxman

I cant recall every specific detail but I read a big piece about the case and the guy had been getting harassed and having major problems with these traveling types for some time prior to the shooting incident and the police in their usual fashion did nothing to assist. So he took the law into his own hands, which may be wrong but who knows what continued stress and aggravation can do to folk over time, especially in isolated farmhouses.the guy who was shot was not exactly an innocent first time burglar, he was a well known criminal.

I cant recall every specific detail but I read a big piece about the case and the guy had been getting harassed and having major problems with these traveling types for some time prior to the shooting incident and the police in their usual fashion did nothing to assist. So he took the law into his own hands, which may be wrong but who knows what continued stress and aggravation can do to folk over time, especially in isolated farmhouses.the guy who was shot was not exactly an innocent first time burglar, he was a well known criminal.

Even taking all that into account... killing the burglar with a shotgun is over the top IMO.

It becomes pretty tricky to prove exactly what went on.

And that's where it usually falls in favour of the person being burgled. Just push for aggravated burglary and assault instead of burglary and say you acted in self defence and if an assault claim reached you and you got called for it there is a very good chance it wouldn't see court especially if you've no previous yourself. If you have had brushes with the law in the past i wouldn't advise it though.

i can't remember the details, but i think the 'mentalist farmer' case is an exeption because a gun was involved. you're not allowed to have a gun for self-defence in this country are you? i do otherwise agree that you should be allowed use whatever force to stop a burgler; however, if people were using 'any means' (weapons) it might just encourage burglers to arm themselves instead of detering them.