aberdeen-music

iPod Problems

Diesel

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum fior this question.

I've just bought one of them funcy iPod Touch jobbies - which is spiffingly good, but I am experiencing a few sporadic probelems with the playing of MP3/MP4's.

Occasionally, the track will end abruptly or "skip", dirty CD style. The same MP's play ok in iTunes on my PC. Other than that, it plays beautifully.

Anyone had similar problems with their iPods?

I don't have a lot of experience with them, so I wouldn't know and I bought it via t'interweb, so taking it back to the shop and complaining to the mannie isn't an option.

Any guidance offered would be much appreciated.

Paul

Where did you buy it from online? Your consumer rights still exist on the internet so if you buy something it should be fit for purpose. An iPod that doesn't play music properly clearly isn't fit for purpose. Send it back and get a new one.

Yeah - that'll be my course of action if it is indeed faulty, but I really want it for my next trip to Angola in a couple of weeks - and knowing my luck.....

Hopefully - it's something I'm doing wrong or a firmware issue that can be fixed with an upgrade.

Paul

Fucks sake, are those things Angola BP standard issue or something? Have you tried restoring it to factory settings and importing everything from scratch again?

Ha! - I'm sure Neil's told you all about the 25-30 hour journey + 4 hours hinging aboot Luanda's pish-soaked, mosquito-ridden airport!!!

These aren't BP standard - these are a fucking necessity!!!

Yeah - I tried a full reset and restore/sync to no avail.

I'll try doing the offending tracks individually as suggested.

I've found a few forums on the subject and it would appear that these problems are not unique to me.

I've not had lot of luck with these things - I washed my iPod Shuffle after one trip, lost my daughters Nano on the next - so this thing is doomed anyway!

Thanks to everyone who responded :kiss:

Just get another nano. The new nanos are what all the cool kids have (thats what i have) much smaller and less obvious to bandito eyes too... plus I haven't heard any bad reports on them yet... have apple actually got it right?

Besides, you guys get paid enough to put up with the inconvenience of travelling, "africa style". ;)

Hehe - it's been quite some time since I was called "a cool kid"...or any kind of kid for that matter :laughing:

Yeah, I had to buy a bigger wheelbarrow to take my wages home :up: