aberdeen-music

New "artist" - Debutant

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Myspace is weird, there's a small blip in the song about 50 seconds from the end, and then the ending itself is cut short by about ten seconds. Piece of shit.

Okay, this has ironed itself out.

Guest bluesxman

Thirst is a good tune, I think possibly playing an uncovered floor tom with brushes would maybe give a more solid background beat which is also muted as desired.

Definition is also a good tune, however I found the echo vocal was.too echoey, if that makes sense, the echo runs too long into the next section and I found this distracting.

The tunes themselves are good and the rhythm and effects guitars work well together.

Good work though chief, only minor nitpicks as Im sure you would expect:up:

Guest idol_wild
Thirst is a good tune, I think possibly playing an uncovered floor tom with brushes would maybe give a more solid background beat which is also muted as desired.

Definition is also a good tune, however I found the echo vocal was.too echoey, if that makes sense, the echo runs too long into the next section and I found this distracting.

The tunes themselves are good and the rhythm and effects guitars work well together.

Good work though chief, only minor nitpicks as Im sure you would expect:up:

I know what you mean about the vocal on Definition. I was going to alter it, but I didn't save the session and the individual tracks correctly, so it was impossible to do. Spanner that I am.

But coming from you, Martin, the fact that you like them means a lot. Cheers. :)

For the record, I got you a Katerwaul cd. It was five pounds and Michael should have it in One Up for you. But knowing Michael, he's either lost it, forgot about it, or sold it for alcohol money.

Guest bluesxman
For the record, I got you a Katerwaul cd. It was five pounds and Michael should have it in One Up for you. But knowing Michael, he's either lost it, forgot about it, or sold it for alcohol money.

Aye cheers min, I was in past One Up earlier and saw him, the gimp thought he had it but had actually forgotten it.should get it tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

this is really good.

here's my advice for what it's worth.

stick to yer guns.

people that "crit" on here will have little to offer, most of them are twits.

read widely, your ears obviously work- get hold of good reference material, music or written.

I've learnt a lot from electrical audio.com and subscribing to tape op mag ( free in europe)

( most of the really hard stuff you've done allready)

carry on as is.

post more as you do it.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I don't think you should make the vocals any more prominent.

Because your voice is horrible, and it hurts my ears.

Only kidding!

Instead of covering Springsteen, why don't you cover Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence".

You could do a radical 'silent' re-working of it. Then it would be the best thing you'd ever done.

Only kidding!

etc.

We should do a joint gig together sometime, to see who is the most miserable sounding.

Guest idol_wild
this is really good.

here's my advice for what it's worth.

stick to yer guns.

people that "crit" on here will have little to offer, most of them are twits.

read widely, your ears obviously work- get hold of good reference material, music or written.

I've learnt a lot from electrical audio.com and subscribing to tape op mag ( free in europe)

( most of the really hard stuff you've done allready)

carry on as is.

post more as you do it.

I appreciate your very kind words, sir. I was actually looking for a bit of "crit" to be honest - when you start to write and record songs, it's very easy to get wrapped up in what you want to do without looking at the bigger picture sometimes.

I'll take on board your advice. Recording will commence shortly. :up:

We should do a joint gig together sometime, to see who is the most miserable sounding.

I think you'd win hands down. You're emo afterall.

• 1 month later...
For anyone remotely interested, I shall be making my debut (arf) this Sunday at Kilau.

I really want to record, but I currently have no means of doing so.

Argh.

): .looc ytterp s'it tub siht gniod s'ti yhw aedi on e vah i .gnillepmoc ylegnarts tub .erus rof ddo gnikcuf s'ti .sdrawkcab lla tuo gnimoc s'ti tub yllamron tuo siht gnipyt m'i ,ddo woh ?nekorb llits sretupmoc sbor si

): .looc ytterp s'it tub siht gniod s'ti yhw aedi on e vah i .gnillepmoc ylegnarts tub .erus rof ddo gnikcuf s'ti .sdrawkcab lla tuo gnimoc s'ti tub yllamron tuo siht gnipyt m'i ,ddo woh ?nekorb llits sretupmoc sbor si

bloody gaelic gibberish, it's not even a proper language, heeeckle-hovcklle helicopter, ochtle tootle fuzz box, inka boochle bothy entirely flooded with whisky. etc.

• Upvote 1

bloody gaelic gibberish, it's not even a proper language, heeeckle-hovcklle helicopter, ochtle tootle fuzz box, inka boochle bothy entirely flooded with whisky. etc.

i have no idea what was going on. it was all a bit strange but kinda cool. for those that can't be bothered decypering it i started typing a normal reply but my laptop went a bit wrong and wrote everything backwards.

Guest idol_wild
i have no idea what was going on. it was all a bit strange but kinda cool. for those that can't be bothered decypering it i started typing a normal reply but my laptop went a bit wrong and wrote everything backwards.

Firefox started doing that with me whenever I typed into the browser. It was annoying.

And yes - Rob's PC is still fucked. Sad times.