aberdeen-music

Ian Brown fans are peasants

Guest Giles Walker

Guest Giles Walker

I'm sorry but after djing at the Ian Brown after show party tonight i have to say that i think Ian Brown fans are deluded idiots.

I would love to break it to these guys that their beloved Hacienda played chicago house music for the most part and not the fucking stone roses or the happy mondays.

Infact here is 6 hours worth of proof live from the Hacienda in 1989

Hac part one

Hac part two

Hac part three

Hac part four

Interesting thing about tonight was that Snafu only took twenty pounds worth of credit card sales and it was really busy. Make your own conclusions from that.

I worked in the Holiday Inn next to AECC last time Ian Brown was up, as you can imagine it's always busy in there after gigs and there's never any trouble, but that night was fucking terrible. There were holes booted and punched in the walls, cigarettes stubbed out on tables, wallpaper, carpets and chairs; beers bottles all over reception, smashed glass all over the corridors, cars getting their windows smashed in the car park, the barmaids at one point took the bar shutters down and refused to serve anyone cos they were getting nothing but threats and abuse, the reception staff got spat on and repeatedly threatened. They were just a complete bunch of fucking minks.

You are complaining about people not using credit cards and wanting to listen to Ian Brown stuff at an IAN BROWN after party?

o_O

Sounds like you're the peasant!

i hate to agree with IAN_BROWN but he has got a point i mean at an ian brown after show party you would expect to hear some ian brown/stone roses.

did ian brown himself (the actual guy) go to snafu?

I worked in the Holiday Inn next to AECC last time Ian Brown was up, as you can imagine it's always busy in there after gigs and there's never any trouble, but that night was fucking terrible. There were holes booted and punched in the walls, cigarettes stubbed out on tables, wallpaper, carpets and chairs; beers bottles all over reception, smashed glass all over the corridors, cars getting their windows smashed in the car park, the barmaids at one point took the bar shutters down and refused to serve anyone cos they were getting nothing but threats and abuse, the reception staff got spat on and repeatedly threatened. They were just a complete bunch of fucking minks.

I got one of the buses back into town after that gig and there were a heap of bams on it.

Guest Giles Walker

One of the things we were told was that if he was going to come down we were not allowed to play any stone roses or ian brown stuff as he hates hearing it. Some of his band turned up and we didn't know whether he would turn up or not, so we avoided playing any.

In the end Yogi played an Ian Brown track as the last tune.

I played a bootleg of Gwen Stefani's 'yummy' over the instrumental of 'fools gold' hoping it would piss some people off, strangely no one noticed as the dancefloor was too busy hooting and hollering to even hear the words.

Very rough crowd.

IAN_BROWN i really hope that is a joke name, the fact you chose the name of your idol to post on message boards is tragic in itself but the fact you did it in caps really hammers that message home.