aberdeen-music

sigur ros-heima

ben_1903

Guest bluesxman
I second that motion.

(and this gig always sparks debate about "talking at gigs"...see ! it just did again!)

I just can't recall that gig being bad for talking. I think I was just oblivious to everything else when Sigur Ros and Godspeed were playing....

Lemon Tree. about 2000, if I remember corectly & they were middle of a bill with Fly Pan Am and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

What an incredible line up!

But yeah, the DVD is great. Really lovely to watch. It's a shame it never came to the Belmont, because it would be superb to see on a big screen. I know you can 'rent' a screen or something, no? You basically give them a film and some cash, and they put the film on..., i think that's how it works, anyway. Although, i think it's seen as a private function so you couldn't advertise. Still, a few of us are thinking about doing it.

What an incredible line up!

But yeah, the DVD is great. Really lovely to watch. It's a shame it never came to the Belmont, because it would be superb to see on a big screen. I know you can 'rent' a screen or something, no? You basically give them a film and some cash, and they put the film on..., i think that's how it works, anyway. Although, i think it's seen as a private function so you couldn't advertise. Still, a few of us are thinking about doing it.

I work at the Belmont and there have been some people showing interest but I really can't see there being a huge market for it. You could try emailing suggestions to belmont@picturehouses.co.uk - if enough people do it then you might get the desired result. As for screen hire you could easily email and find out about costs etc.

Worth a shot.