aberdeen-music

Dhc 2nd Birthday Party - Very Special Guests - 10pm Till 2am - 3

HEY GUYS,

ITLL BE TWO YEARS IN JANUARY, (YES 2 YEARS!) SINCE MYSELF AND NICK STARTED THE DHC AT SNAFU!

ITS BEEN A BLAST, WEVE BEEN ABLE TO BRING SOME REALLY GOOD BANDS TO THE CITY, SOME OF WHOM HAVE GONE ON TO MUCH BIGGER THINGS! (THE VIEW, RUMBLESTRIPS AND ERRORS ARE SOME THAT COME TO MIND THAT GRACED OUR WEE STAGE BEFORE BLOWING UP BIGGER!)

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS COME OVER THE LAST WHILE AND KEPT SUPPORTING THE NIGHT, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF YOU WHO KEEP COMING THROUGH COURSEWORK DEADLINES AND EXAMS AND ALSO THOSE OF YOU WHO COME DOWN EVERY WEEK DESPITE AN 8AM FRIDAY START!

WITH YOUR AND SNAFU'S SUPPORT ITS BECOME A REAL FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH ON THE CLUB SCENE.

THE NIGHT IS GOING TO CHANGE SLIGHTLY IN THE NEW YEAR, BUT ONLY FOR THE BETTER, SO WATCH THIS SPACE.

HOWEVER, TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OCCASION, WEVE DECIDED TO PUT ON TWO NIGHTS FOR YOU (NOT ONE!) OF AMAZING MUSIC!

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 30TH

DHC BIRTHDAY PARTY WARM UP

DHC / MOM THE VIDEO BROKE present

GRAVENHURST (re-scheduled date)

plus SUPPORT

DJ MARTIN JAY till 2am

previous tickets valid,

details to be announced shortly

THURSDAY 31st JANUARY

DHC 2nd BIRTHDAY PARTY!

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

plus SUPPORT

possibly our favourite band to have graced the night since we started!

get on down!

read about em here

www.myspace.com/frightenedrabbit

FULL LISTINGS ON:

www.myspace.com/dirtyheartsclubsnafu

and dont forget the shit hot stuff snafu has upcoming

www.clubsnafu.com

x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Really looking forward to Frightened Rabbit now!

Is this really only 3?

yup it really is only 3!! 3 really good bands plus dhc dj set, good people and good drinks!

line-up times are as follows:

Copy Ha Ho - 9.30PM

Right Hand Left - 10.15PM

Frightened Rabbit - 11PM

Get down early to make sure you get in!

Guest idol_wild

It's only ever busy after the bands have played.

Which is a shame.

But hey, it means you can watch the bands in comfort, get some drinks quickly and easily, then fuck off when all the drunken eejits turn up after midnight! :up:

Guest idol_wild

What a strange and, ultimately, disappointing night.

Copy Haho were pretty good. The new songs sound especially terrific. The guitar work in You Are A Coalmine is excellent! But I missed the keys in Bookshelf. The song loses a bit of charm without the Korg.

Right Hand Left. Hrm. I have really enjoyed these guys in the past. I don't think the sound was very good for them. I didn't get much out of their set last night.

Frightened Rabbit. Absolutely terrible. I was a bit of a fan-boy before last night and considered them to be one of the finest live bands I've ever seen, but last night was awful. Why the fuck did they get a fourth member on board? He is 110% unnecessary. And he looks like he should be in Glassjaw. Again, the sound wasn't very good - which never helps.

I'll put it down to a bad day at the office.

What a strange and, ultimately, disappointing night.

Copy Haho were pretty good. The new songs sound especially terrific. The guitar work in You Are A Coalmine is excellent! But I missed the keys in Bookshelf. The song loses a bit of charm without the Korg.

Right Hand Left. Hrm. I have really enjoyed these guys in the past. I don't think the sound was very good for them. I didn't get much out of their set last night.

Frightened Rabbit. Absolutely terrible. I was a bit of a fan-boy before last night and considered them to be one of the finest live bands I've ever seen, but last night was awful. Why the fuck did they get a fourth member on board? He is 110% unnecessary. And he looks like he should be in Glassjaw. Again, the sound wasn't very good - which never helps.

I'll put it down to a bad day at the office.

Pretty much sums up my night too.

First time I've seen Haho in ages. Enjoyed it a lot. Best band of the night by far.

RHL - not my thing, really.

Was really looking forward to seeing them finally, but left after about five songs. Disappointing performance and sound.

Guest idol_wild
I agree, the sound wasn't good for Frightened Rabbit. Loved the CD. Big disappointment live.

Was that the first time you've caught them live? They are usually brilliant and really engaging. I blame the fourth member. I was almost upset once they finished because I was looking forward to them so much! :down:

Was that the first time you've caught them live? They are usually brilliant and really engaging. I blame the fourth member. I was almost upset once they finished because I was looking forward to them so much! :down:

Yes it was. Which one was the new guy? I was looking forward to it as well.

Guest idol_wild
Which one was the new guy?

The chap to the far right. Had a disgusting hooded top on for the first half of the gig. He looked out of place and added nothing but harsh noise to the songs. He is not required.

Yep, same. Really really loved the Haho set. Colemine was especially good. The next band sounded like a horrible concoction of The Subways and The Automatic, which pretty much made me want to vom. I really digged the Frightened Rabbit stuff on record, but live it was terrible. The drums were too loud, and the guitar was just "Fuzzzzzzzzzzzzz." Also, the last song lasted about half an hour.

Also - I was cheated out of a fiver at the desk. I went back up straight away as soon as i realised, they told me to come back at the end of gig but everyone had buggered off.