aberdeen-music

Assassin's Creed

Rass

Has anyone given it a go yet? I noticed there was a bit of interest on the 'Games looking forward to' thread.

i'm just about to have a bash at memory block 5, 3 more assassinations to go and enjoying it immensely. Already planning a replay to collect all the 700ish flags n that.

I think it's got alot of pretty unfair press tbh, my only problem with it so far is a poor frame rate when the shit hits the fan and it's made my console crash 3 times. Other than that, gameplay, graphics and plot/storyline all have full marks.

Anyone else picked it up or is everyone having trouble keeping the red ring of doom at bay (i jest!).

I have given it a good few hours of play.

I found it great at first... but it became quite dull and repetitive.

Have you found that every fight can be one just by holding down "lock" and then hitting counter when they attack?

Jumping around on buildings is pretty fun, the story line is pretty darn good... and there is nothing like running around roof tops throwing knifes at archers!

I dunno if it was worth the 40 though, I have kinda stopped playing it and started playing crackdown... which is very much the same except you can interact more with the environment and you get tons more weapons. Another bonus is that it is only 15 from Play.com with free P&P.

I actually really like this game. Played it for hours at my sister boyfriends (just cause he has a decent sized tele :p)

It can become a little repetive, but its still fun to run about murderering people.

I had just finished memory block 4 i think, then i left it there :(

The story is pretty cool as are the graphics. And some of the kills actually made me go "aww gads.." as i turned away (one of the kills with the throwing knives...broken legs..)

I just wish you could swim...swan diving from huge heights into a bail of hay is possible but not falling in a tiny amount of water..

Another thing i hate is those fucking beggers who wont bugger of. Especially when your tailing someone.. pretty much as annoying as the drunk (i think) guys who shove you over. Becomes really annoying..

All in all a really cool game :)

I love it, haven't played anything else since it came out. It's not as repetitive as the reviews make out (if you just do the bare minimum to get through the storyline it might be though) and the deaths are great. You CAN get through the fights just by holding block and countering but it's more fun to mix it up a bit and use throws and different weapons.

Look at the achievements, there's some good stuff in there. It's also worthwhile doing all the little sub missions as it adds more to your sync bar.

Also you can get rid of the beggars and drunks by throwing them to the ground, there's an achievement related to this as well.

Anyone else picked it up or is everyone having trouble keeping the red ring of doom at bay (i jest!).

I intended picking it up sometime this week but alas the red ring of doom has indeed struck my beloved xbox.

Just after i bought Mass Effect too.

I almost cried but instead just shouted "shitballs" very loudly.

• 4 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed is pretty much the only game I've been playing since I got my PS3. In fact, it was probably one of the reasons I got the console in the first place. That, and MGS4 & DMC4 :)

i'm just about to have a bash at memory block 5, 3 more assassinations to go and enjoying it immensely. Already planning a replay to collect all the 700ish flags n that.

Memory Block 4 here - I've been trying to collect the flags/kill the Templars, etc, as I go along. I've killed a lot of Templars, but my flag count is reasonably low :(

my only problem with it so far is a poor frame rate when the shit hits the fan and it's made my console crash 3 times. Other than that, gameplay, graphics and plot/storyline all have full marks.

Yes, it is a very pretty game to look at, and though the plot is damn easy to work out (i.e. the "secret" behind why you are killing the targets), it's a fun game none the less. leaping from rooftop to rooftop to knife a guard in the back has never been so much fun! Can't say I've had any frame-rate problems. The odd annoying camera angle, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Tomb Raider games, so I'll let it slide

is everyone having trouble keeping the red ring of doom at bay (i jest!).

Funnily enough, no! :up:

Also you can get rid of the beggars and drunks by throwing them to the ground

Throw them into trees/walls/merchant carts. It's a lot funnier and sometimes provokes a (violent) reaction.

• 2 weeks later...