aberdeen-music

Guitar Hero 3

Teabags

I bought it. No disapointment here! For me it's the strongest one yet with the best playlist by far (In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Backyard Babies, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine, Dead Kennedys to name but a few....), and also the best co-op mode with an actual career mode for 2 players. The boss battles are good as well and you can even unlock Tom Morello is a character!

I was scared that Neversoft were going to fuck it up but after Harmonix making the festering pile of turd that was the 80's version this is a mighty return to form for guitar hero.

the Hammer On/Pull off system just seems fucked when im playing it. Sometimes it requires no skill, other times it seems impossible to get it right where it was easy in GH2.

And I like some of the songs, but the first 10 at least were all shite. And I think the new interface is not as stand-out as the GH2 one.

So far I'm on The Living Colour track (second last encore) on Expert (jumped right in the deep end!) and the solo is a right cunt!

Im playing on PS2, the new guitar I didnt like at first, cos the buttons need to be pressed alot harder. But I'm getting used to it. Doing the majority of the campaign with my old SG though.

About some notes not registering, its mainly with hammer-ons/pull-offs. Like doing multiple ones between two notes is really easy, you just mash the 2 buttons and get them all (something which was quite trick in GH2) but then 3, 4 or 5 note runs which were relatively easy in GH2 after some practice never seem to work in GH3?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got it on Wii but down here the connection seems a bit dodgy. There is certainly a lag between clicking the note and it appearing, making it quite hard.

Have only got Raining Blood and One left on hard. Can get to the solo on One but on the Slayer tune i die as soon as it goes on to that mental hammer on bit just after the main riff.

Considering just practicing Dragonforce on expert over and over until i can do it.

Still just the fucking final battle to go. Its a bitch, cos even though I might have been able to do the whole song, it all depends on what battle gem he first gets, then me getting all of mine after that and using them at the right time. Its fucking killing me.

Oh well. Did get my first 100% on Expert on Thursday, despite it being a shit easy song.

What song was it? I got 96% on RATM on Expert but the lag problem is doing my head in. Tried calibrating it but it's only helping a wee bit. Finally completed One on hard just Raining Blood to go now. I don't know for the life of me how i'm gonna get past the hammer on section.

It was one of the bonus songs, Metal Heavy Lady. Its fucking simple. But still, getting 100% is always fun.

Raining Blood took me a while on Expert, but now that I've done it, I complete it pretty much every time I play it, with or without any star power. I've never actually played GH3 on anything except expert, asides from Through The Fire And The Flames.

• 3 weeks later...
Been doing it on hard for a while now. Only really the first riff that causes me any trouble.

Expert is just ridiculous. Think my record so far is 3%.

Same here :(

And i only managed that by fluke.

I heard something about constantly holding the green button and doing hammers/pulls on the other buttons, its not a full proof method id assume...i can get to the bit just after the initial intro.

Sam, what was note streak etc on hard?

largest note streak ive got on hard is around the 100 mark.

on expert, yeah, you'd have to hold the green button, cos between each note theres a green note, so its basically ridiculously fast hammer ons. ARGH!

After the intro, I can do pretty much the rest of the song bar sections of the solo and a few other bits. Been playing it practice alot, cos I enjoy playing it since its fast as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...