aberdeen-music

Best Scottish Bands ever?

stepmaster5000

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steven Dedalus

Even though I'm opening myself up for a world of pain, there's a really strong case to be made for early Simple Minds...

They were a sort of Bowie meets Neu! stile band before they discovered U2, and their first couple of albums are great, really weird music with loads of interesting bits.

Then they all grew mullets and started holdiong doves of peace and stuff and it all went down the toilet.

And the less said about "Belfast Child" the better.

Guest idol_wild
Even though I'm opening myself up for a world of pain, there's a really strong case to be made for early Simple Minds...

They were a sort of Bowie meets Neu! stile band before they discovered U2, and their first couple of albums are great, really weird music with loads of interesting bits.

Then they all grew mullets and started holdiong doves of peace and stuff and it all went down the toilet.

And the less said about "Belfast Child" the better.

As much as I used to tease you for frequently listening to Simple Minds, I actually enjoyed a lot of their stuff.

Some of it reminded be a little of the good early Bunnymen material.

Guest Steven Dedalus
As much as I used to tease you for frequently listening to Simple Minds, I actually enjoyed a lot of their stuff.

Some of it reminded be a little of the good early Bunnymen material.

Of course, all the Bunnymen stuff was great.

I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

Guest Steven Dedalus
you know thats a bloody lie. One of the first bunnymen albums i ever bought was an acoustic album with just 2 of them from 1997 i believe. I can't recall what the title was though, terrible album though.

By "terrible", you probably mean "brilliant".

(yes, I am aware that everything post-Ocean rain is fairly patchy - or totally awful. I just can't help myself. I saw them play Andytown leaisure centre in Belfast last year and they were incredible. Really, truly great.)

Also re: Idlewild, I think they are ok. I like 100 Broken Windows, but could take or leave the rest of it.

By "terrible", you probably mean "brilliant".

(yes, I am aware that everything post-Ocean rain is fairly patchy - or totally awful. I just can't help myself. I saw them play Andytown leaisure centre in Belfast last year and they were incredible. Really, truly great.)

Also re: Idlewild, I think they are ok. I like 100 Broken Windows, but could take or leave the rest of it.

do you know the album im on about though?

AWFUL.