aberdeen-music

Giant Haystacks in WCW

Lemonade

Video of it here: YouTube - WCW Saturday Night 1996 - Loch Ness vs. Marcus Bagwell he wrestle's under the name "Loch Ness Monster"

I'd heard about it but ever actually seen it before. He actually looks smaller than I remember him in the old World Of Sport days, but then again it could just be that he was fucking miles bigger than the British wrestling guys who were never that buffed up. I think introducing him as weighing 679 lb is a bit optimistic, Yokozuna and Big Show was only introduced as being 500 and they were a lot bigger!

Shite match, he only does one move and it's over. I guess a guy of that size can't wrestle for 10 minutes without being fucked, he doesn't look very fit.

I love the way he is introduced as being from Scotland and when he gets interviewed he talks in a broad Manchester accent.

• 4 months later...

Look at the size of the dude, he was fucking enormous. 45 stone according to his interview with Gerld Kelly

YouTube - Giant Haystacks on Tiswas 1

YouTube - Giant Haystacks on Tiswas 2

YouTube - Giant Haystacks meets Gerry Kelly 1

YouTube - Giant Haystacks meets Gerry Kelly 2

I like how at 45 stone, he claims to be fitter than Gerald Kelly, despite clearly sweating his balls from the exertion of sitting on a couch.

The fingerpoke of doom!

YouTube - Nash vs Hollywood: 1.4.99 - Fingerpoke of Doom!

To quote Tony Schiavone "This is what WCW is all about!"

Yeah, ego maniacs destroying a company.

Obviously they aren't totally to blame but they helped.

I remember watching WCW on TNT the night they announced that Mick Foley was going o win the championship. I had been switching channels back and forth between TNT and and Raw on Sky Sports. I did he same as most wrestling fans did that week. I switched over to Raw and didn't bother changing back.

WCW towards the end was just a nursing ome for the terminally shite.

Buff Bagwell was always my least favourite.

I liked Glacier but only because he was a good character to use on the N64 WCW vs NWO games.

Most of you will probably know of this already but if you don't check out this ste.

WrestleCrap - The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling

Inspired by this thread i actually stated re-reading it this morning.

I read it again last week! Look out for how many sentences begin with "Yes, ...." eg. "Yes, WCW were actually lying about the number of people in attendance to make it lower" or "Yes, Scott Steiner actually a promo where he called himself dumb". Towards the end he does it on almost every page. Once you notice it it drives you nuts.