aberdeen-music

The Foos and Serj rocked my socks!

AngryD

i would hazard a guess that a large percentage of people going to see the foos wouldn't have heard of him. yeah he (or rather soad) is big but surely the foos are one of the biggest bands on the planet these days. you wouldn't have to be 'really fucking underground' to be eclipsed by them.

i elected not to go, on the basis that i only like a few of their older songs... slightly regreting it now

Just because his album is in shops why does that automatically mean that everyone must know who he is? What sort of bizarre logic is that?

I was told this forum is full of hostile pricks, now I see why.

erm... the logic is - album in charts, albums in shops, people therefore are purchasing said product. it's not there for decoration, is it?

hostile pricks? fit yi sayin'? ootside noo.....

The majority of Aberdonians have probably never even heard of him.

Plus I don't think he should have to be the support act for anyone. Particularly a band who's recent material has been extremely disappointing.

I think Serj wouldn't have been complaining supporting one of the biggest bands in the world. It would be good publicity for him.

What you said was a pretty ambiguous, and sparked a debate, there wasn't much hostile behaviour until you replied...

• Upvote 1

Some of the solos couldn't be heard either.

I was qutie impressed with the sound though. 100 times better than Music Hall.

I thought the sound was fine - could hear the triangle solo well enough, which by the way totally ruled! haha

finally an instrument I can get on board with....