aberdeen-music

battle royale

Guest haigyman

Guest The Dark Knight

Did anyone who owns the DVD watch it?

if so, were the extra scenes eg the school Basketball game included?

I watched it a couple of months ago on the Sci-Fi channel and these scenes were in it! I was like...WTF!?!

I've watched the DVD SOO many times and I'd never noticed them...probably cuz they ain't in there. I think they're on the Special Edition DVD tho.

Great film although when i first started watching it i wasn't sure if i wanted too...knew that blonde haired guy was going to be a total madman though! Apparently they're making a sequel but i don't see where they can take it..other than...having a new group of children in adifferent country

Guest haigyman
Originally posted by Meriel:

Great film although when i first started watching it i wasn't sure if i wanted too...knew that blonde haired guy was going to be a total madman though! Apparently they're making a sequel but i don't see where they can take it..other than...having a new group of children in adifferent country

as long as tons of kids are killing each other...who cares?

Originally posted by Meriel:

BRII has been out in Japan for a few months, and can be bought in Region 3 DVD from cdwow.com

The sequel takes place after previous survivors get together and form a terrorist group aimed at waging war at adults in retaliation. So the adults change the BR act and recruit a class to go in and get the terrorists. Hilarity ensues.

Guest The Dark Knight

don't worry, this movie will NEVER get a US remake unlike such films as The Eye, DarkWater and of course The Ring.

Didn't anyone see Bowling for Columbine? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass:

The 2nd one's really quite shit. Ther's new rules.

Everyone has a partner - they die - you die, If you go more than 50 metres away - you die... And they've go to infiltrate a base like a tactical unit or something... can't remember as i wasn't really watching as it was 'root'

I liked the second one. I was very impressed by the fact that they actually sought to do something different rather than just rehash the winning formula. I especially like the way that they linked the two films. The first film was about the relationships between adult and child in a westernised Japan, whereas the second film explores the relationship between "that Country" and the rest of the world, drawing on American treatment of Japanese as lesser beings (children) during the occupation after world war 2. There are obvious plot holes, especially at the very end, but it wasn't what I would call shit. Neither was it anything near as good as the original, but then that can largely be explained by the lack of Takeshi. It is certianly better than most of the films that fall out of the rearend of hollywood.