aberdeen-music

how good were mercury tilt switch last night ?

lepeep

I thought they were fantastic, just goes to show what a tour and a spot of practicing can do for you !

Fucking magic set. I'll probably buy the LP this week...

Good fun last night, bit of a shamble from old maple, but hey...that's all a part of the show folks !

he he.

I missed The Switchblades sadly but MTS and Maple were excellent - first time I've seen both of them and MTS were a lot better live than on record methinks. Shame both these gigs were on the same night as I'd have liked to seen them both. Cannae be helped I guess.

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

Evidently, or the simple truth is this: the 'kids' prefer to sit at a computer pretending to like music rather than going out and experiencing music. It must be soul destroying for Brian and Criag.

Nevertheless, it was a fine night of good bands and good people.

i know what you mean BUT what if they were keeping their money to come see you tonight at drakes chris?!!

seriously, there are SO many gigs in aberdeen - we're spoilt for choice!! and its sort of a bad thing.....i dont really blame anyone for small crowds at gigs any more - its easy to blame the aberdeen public and rant at how no-one gets off their arse (ive done it!) but people DO go to the gigs they want to/can afford to - its just that there's so many these days.....

sharon

oh, and im trying...this week i'll have seen Jetplane Landing, Gonga and Settlefish....in venues out of drakes!!! imagine that!!

Guest stuartmaxwell

there are a lot of gigs now,

we need to get more people involved in our music scene,

it would be cool if a collection of people started flyering and stuff when big bands come to town at the lemon tree, forum, etc etc, whether it be for gigs or whether it be for this site or venues/promoters etc, dishing out some free cds of local bands and so on with listings and stuff, it could be quite good, because empty venues suck and it means that bands may not come back etc

i think the scene has grown a bit too quick for its boots!summer could be a fucking nightmare for promoters/venues