aberdeen-music

Guitar Synths

Mouse

Guest Neubeatz

Many moons ago Mouse, a guy by the name of George Norvel used to use a device which could make his guitar sound like Hammond, and also synth sounds,

It was a long time ago, and I cant remember the exact details, but some one else might remember,???

.......................................................................................

There are some Boss (who are made by Roland) Synth pedals out but I don't know how good they are. A Hammond sounding guitar would be the shit.

Craig your uncle is a lucky man, the Roland Guitar Synth has one actually built into the guitar. Has been used by legends like Alex Lifeson!

I sometimes use a Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator on my Guitar at gigs if I can be arsed......its not a synth but merely part of one....real anolog circuits, flashing lights and big knobs etc

It sounds like a thousand pissed off alien skinheads kicking in your front door and usually sends the soundman running to the bogs for a huge poo

Also used a Line 6 synth effect in a studio on the guitar and that was quite good too

.. sometimes I use run a guitar signal into an old semi funkional Moog synth and squelch it beyond recognition or put moody little LFO effects on it......sounds psychedelic

guitars that sound like synths and synths that sound like guitars....is all good

Originally posted by Dag'n'Mandy:

Many moons ago Mouse, a guy by the name of George Norvel used to use a device which could make his guitar sound like Hammond, and also synth sounds,

It was a long time ago, and I cant remember the exact details, but some one else might remember,???

.......................................................................................

i got a few guitar lessons from that George Norvel. a very nice guy.

Originally posted by Mouse:

So you can't programme them at all?

yes but only within the set parameters which to me are generally limiting

but im not being specific about said units in question as I dont know them inside out...they might be fantastic

so who knows

its just that generally, Ive found the Boss/Roland/Yamaha ranges of gear to be quite 1 dimensional and kinda predictable sounding.....you will have invariably heard the same sounds before - usually in a crowded guitar shop on a saturday afternoon....but rarely on a decent record

you could try this site for a few more sonic options www.musictoyz.com

i was looking at those mooger foogers on ebay the other day, looked like damned good fun. we used to connect a tiny casio keyboard to a distorion pedal and a ring modulator and have lots of fun. managed to make it sound like a plane taking off once but the neighbours weren't happy. it wouldn't stop, it just kept getting louder and louder. in the end i had to turn off the amp and run away.

• 4 weeks later...
i was looking at those mooger foogers on ebay the other day' date=' looked like damned good fun. we used to connect a tiny casio keyboard to a distorion pedal and a ring modulator and have lots of fun. managed to make it sound like a plane taking off once but the neighbours weren't happy. it wouldn't stop, it just kept getting louder and louder. in the end i had to turn off the amp and run away.[/quote']

that reminds me of running my awful zoom drum machine through a proco rat and into a 50w amp in a sad attempt to sound like nine inch nails... i never really got the desired effect... :rolleyes: