aberdeen-music

Beta band

kirkt

fucking right, one of the best musical gigs I've been to (probably ever), just a shame about the vibeless, zombified morons ('Aberdonians').

Once again, I get a bunch of fuckers who insist on talking all the way through a gig , standing right next to me...why oh fucking why doe people fork out 15 quid to go see a band, and just fucking talk all the way through ?!

I loved the visuals, and the short film at the start, fantastic stuff, I'll have to do something for them, and send it to them ! (I am currently working on a short animation that's going to be shown in cannes film festival...yes, that Cannes).

I hope they do come back soon (like they said !)

Worth every penny.

peep

Originally posted by lepeep:

Once again, I get a bunch of fuckers who insist on talking all the way through a gig , standing right next to me...why oh fucking why doe people fork out 15 quid to go see a band, and just fucking talk all the way through ?!

Exactly the same as at Howard Marks - why pay good money to go to a spoken word performance to speak words yourself? I dinnae go to Drakes with my guitar and start playing it when the bands are on do I?

fucking right, one of the best musical gigs I've been to ...

Once again, I get a bunch of fuckers who insist on talking all the way through a gig , standing right next to me...

maybe it's just me but i thought it was okay, at best. the magnificents were pretty awful imo.

curiously, it was one of the rare occasions where i didn't really notice people talking through the gig either.

I wish I was standing next to you then!

I did think it was a very subdued crown, on the whole , very quiet (but a good clap in between songs)...it's just my luck that mrs Yap and her pals wanted to talk about how "cute" the boys were, what they were wearing, what they were doing over the weekend etc...

Dog's got a bone was perfect...

Originally posted by ragudave:

Of course maybe the excess volume of Pansonic and Wire has affected your hearing....

you may be on to something there. i think i'll have to invest in some ear protection before i go to another gig.

I wish I was standing next to you then!

I did think it was a very subdued crown, on the whole , very quiet (but a good clap in between songs)...it's just my luck that mrs Yap and her pals wanted to talk about how "cute" the boys were, what they were wearing, what they were doing over the weekend etc...

must have been my lucky night, for once. it was a subdued crowd, though that is hardly unusual up here.

Originally posted by dcmacd:

maybe it's just me but i thought it was okay, at best. the magnificents were pretty awful imo.

curiously, it was one of the rare occasions where i didn't really notice people talking through the gig either.

i actually enjoyed the magnificents...looked like they were havin few problems...haha my mate had her finger in her ears during Wire...it was too loud for her

i didn't really enjoy it

too many songs relied on just using loops and pre-recorded stuff from the records

they were trying too hard to re-create the sound of the tracks on their albums

at times it just seemed like there was a beta band cd playing with a guitar, a bass and percussion over the top of it

i enjoyed "dog's got a bone" because it avoided these problems, it was comparitively simple